HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   British Columbia Moose Hunt - 2014 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/396847-british-columbia-moose-hunt-2014-a.html)

tatonka 01-05-2015 08:42 AM

British Columbia Moose Hunt - 2014

Thought you all might like to see a few photos from my moose hunt... I hunted in Northern B.C. up along the Yukon Border.. I killed my bull on day 8 of the hunt...saw 40 moose wand 16 of them were bulls during the 8 days I hunted... It's an amazing place and it was an amazing experience...

tatonka 01-05-2015 08:56 AM

A few more photos...

flying into the hunting area.. We flew out of Atlin, B.C.

There were two other hunters in camp.....both killed nice bulls. Here are the racks waiting for the float plane to take us out.

This is approximately where I shot my bull.. We had gone up this river about 12 miles from camp.. Everything you see in light green is swamps and bogs..

The Alaskan Highway... I drove up from Montana... Hit the Alaskan Highway in Dawson Creek, B.C. and took it up into the Yukon before dropping back down into Atlin.

A huge black bear we saw one morning on the edge of the lake..

CalHunter 01-05-2015 11:29 AM

Nice bulls! Looks like you had an awesome hunt. :D

Tobbe 01-05-2015 11:33 AM

Really nice bulls! :D
Much better than those wandering around here where I hunt.

tatonka 01-05-2015 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tobbe (Post 4178853)
Really nice bulls! :D
Much better than those wandering around here where I hunt.

I was hunting over 100 miles from the closest road or town..... I don't know what Sweden is like, but generally speaking any area that has good access (roads, trails, rivers, etc.) is going to receive a lot of hunting pressure and consequently, smaller critters generally speaking....doesn't matter if you're talking moose, elk, deer, or whatever... The further a hunter can get from other hunters, the better the hunting.

Also, regarding moose, in North America the further north you go, the larger the moose.. Shiras Moose that are in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, etc. are smaller than Canadian Moose.... Canadian Moose are smaller than the Alaskan/Yukon subspecies, etc..

redgreen 01-05-2015 02:45 PM

Congrats on the moose.

Rob in VT 01-05-2015 03:51 PM

Congrats on a great looking moose. Loved the pictures.

westernspeed 01-05-2015 04:16 PM

Congratulations on a successful hunt! Looks like one heck of an adventure!

flags 01-06-2015 03:42 AM

Sweet. I did a bear hunt in northern BC once and was amazed at the number of moose we saw. Always wanted to get back and try to meet Bullwinkle on a personal level. Well done.

car 01-06-2015 04:16 AM

Nice bull, looks like you had a nice time. Do you mind my asking the name of the outfitter you went with?