Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
1st time Elk hunter. Ive got ???'s >

1st time Elk hunter. Ive got ???'s

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

1st time Elk hunter. Ive got ???'s

Old 01-05-2015, 04:53 AM
Spike

Default 1st time Elk hunter. Ive got ???'s

Long story short: lifelong Texas hunters. Dads always dreamed of doing an Elk hunt. He's a workaholic and doesn't take good physical care of himself. Only 2-3 more years where he would have any chance of doing this due to age. I know he can get in shape because he does everything he sets his mind to, to the extreme. Not only am I hoping to fulfill 1 of his lifelong dreams for a trip, but to help encourage better health and less work.

Im looking to do a guided hunt with an outfitter. One of the canvas tent type pack in hunts. No preference on state. It will for sure be 2 of us, and possibly 4. We have no preference points in any state. An outfitter that can get the tags for us would be GREAT!

Does anyone have outfitter suggestions? Any other advice would be great too!
Old 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

I just sent you a PM.