Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Any of you folks chase wapiti? >

Any of you folks chase wapiti?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Any of you folks chase wapiti?

Old 12-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default Any of you folks chase wapiti?

Looking for some pointers....
Old 12-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned

ask a question and will help if I can
Old 12-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Been hunting them for almost 20 years in archery and rifle seasons with excellent success . I have a few friends that live out in Wyoming where I hunt every year and there's nothing better than chasing bugling bulls in the rut. Here 's a 330" bull a friend got this year that took a day to pack all of it out 2 miles to the truck. What questions do you have?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-09-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I may not be a smart man, but I know what elk addiction is! Unfortunately is not in Greenbough ALABAMA. LOL.

You need to do it! A million things to consider, but you will be glad you made the decision. The best advice I can give you is to figure out a likely place (or a couple of them) and take a "family" vacation there this summer and do some scouting. Won't be as rushed and can take some time to look things over, and enjoy some beautiful country. Makes some brownie points with a girlfriend/wife too if such is in the picture. I take mine every summer and she sleeps in while I go on scouting trips. We both get what we want out of it and we both look forward to it.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

I've been living on elk meat since I killed my first bull back in 1966...
Old 12-26-2014, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

I can't wait to move back out to Colorado. Seeing these threads kill me. I have to chase these 140lb deer down here in Florida. I am still waiting for the rut haha
Old 12-26-2014, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

LOL... I posted this on the turkey hunting forum for the guys that I spend more time talking to....looks like it got moved.....haha.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

I guess we can still talk some elk hunting. I've been watching the Western Hunter series and those guys do a wonderful job of not glaming it up. You watch a lot of tv shows and they don't tell you that they are hunting high fence deer or private land turkey.

What would a typical day look like on a base camp hunt? I have talked to some folks that have been multiple times but it is impossible to pick their brains for every little "don't forget this" thing.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Start here.

http://cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/EHU.aspx
Old 12-26-2014, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by txhunter58
I may not be a smart man, but I know what elk addiction is! Unfortunately is not in Greenbough ALABAMA. LOL.

You need to do it! A million things to consider, but you will be glad you made the decision. The best advice I can give you is to figure out a likely place (or a couple of them) and take a "family" vacation there this summer and do some scouting. Won't be as rushed and can take some time to look things over, and enjoy some beautiful country. Makes some brownie points with a girlfriend/wife too if such is in the picture. I take mine every summer and she sleeps in while I go on scouting trips. We both get what we want out of it and we both look forward to it.

Good idea. We did take a vacation a couple years ago driving from the Denver airport, up to Cody, Yellowstone, down to Jackson, Zion, Grand Canyon, back up through Cortez, Salida, and Breckenridge before spending a few night near the Green Mountain Reservoir near Silverthorne. Never got to scout anything but that trip got my fever up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.