Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Javelina

Old 12-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Javelina

I have recently accepted a position teaching NJROTC at a high school in TX. I've always been interested in hunting javelina. Not sure why they interest me so much but I've always wanted to hunt them.

I'm just beginning to check the TX regulations and see there are some public hunting areas for them. I'm curious if any other members can give some input into which public hunting areas would be best to try. Or, failing that can they point me towards any outfitters that offer them at a decent price.

I can't get a resident license for a few months since I need to fulfill the residency requirements so I won't be chasing them until the 2015 season.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
I have recently accepted a position teaching NJROTC at a high school in TX. I've always been interested in hunting javelina. Not sure why they interest me so much but I've always wanted to hunt them.

I'm just beginning to check the TX regulations and see there are some public hunting areas for them. I'm curious if any other members can give some input into which public hunting areas would be best to try. Or, failing that can they point me towards any outfitters that offer them at a decent price.

I can't get a resident license for a few months since I need to fulfill the residency requirements so I won't be chasing them until the 2015 season.
Think lease.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Might just try and look in the hogs forum!!!
Old 12-07-2014, 04:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by finnbear
Might just try and look in the hogs forum!!!
Yeah but you can only post in one forum for a topic and this one has more activity.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah but you can only post in one forum for a topic and this one has more activity.
I believe you have gotten on folks for the same thing..
Old 12-07-2014, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ojibwa
I believe you have gotten on folks for the same thing..
Which is exactly why I have only posted it here and not in multiple forums. Unlike others, I won't do something that I call others out for. That's called being honest. So what would your point would be?
Old 12-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Which is exactly why I have only posted it here and not in multiple forums. Unlike others, I won't do something that I call others out for. That's called being honest. So what would your point would be?
I wondered the same thing! You might see if anyone can help you with your quest when you start your job down there. Somebody may have a lease that will allow you to hunt the pesky little buggers, as they are corn vacuums that many people down in Texas hate. I have a small mount of the mouth of the biggest boar Dad ever shot down in the brush country. My biggest has tusks that are longer and sharper than a lot of hogs we shot down there. Here are both of them.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-09-2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-09-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Rule # 12.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Topgun, I kinda like the way you did the front of the lower jaw. I just may do that with my hogs instead of keeping the entire skull, looks like a lot less work that cooking off and cleaning a whole skull and since I head shoot, sometimes supergluing pieces of the skull back in place if I can find them in the pot.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ojibwa
...Deleted by CalHunter...
What can't you understand? Flags responded to an inquiry stating that he put up his post on this thread because he figured it would get more responses than somewhere else and didn't post it other than here because it's a violation of site rules....Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 12-09-2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Rule # 12.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.