Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

New hunting gadgets??

Old 11-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Spike

Default New hunting gadgets??

My wife just gave me a $500 gift card to Cabelas and I don't know what to buy. I already have enough guns and I have a Bowtech Insanity CPX so I don't need a new bow. I elk and deer hunt with a bow and deer hunt with a rifle. So what do I need. I don't need a range finder, or binoculars. Tell me anything that is a great hunting idem that you have or have heard of, thanks
Old 11-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Boots, gloves, back pack, butchering equipment, camping gear...
Old 11-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Functional or pleasureful? A revolver to hunt with might be a fun addition.

Otherwise, I'd look at replacing anything that needs it out of your existing kit. Otherwise, I'd probably look at a couple game cams, or blinds/stands/feeders. You can never have enough stands or blinds, it's great to have versatility in your huntable positions.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd put it towards a new wall tent.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I got a 500.00 gift card from Cabelas, I wouldn't have to ask for help to cash it in.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of good possibilities. If you don't already hand load, that money could make a good start.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Havalon Piranta Edge skinning knife last year and I've used it so much. The blades are surgically sharp and replaceable. I think I paid around $30. Totally worth it to always have a razor sharp knife for all my big game and fishing field dressing / cleaning needs. I'd also suggest a good GPS unit and some quality hunting apparel.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

there are hundreds of awesome devices that aren't really necessary to successfully hunt but i see many guys using these days. one i'll single out that would almost eat that entire gift card is an ozonics. many guys swear by them if you hunt in a blind or tree-stand.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

good gps .
Old 11-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like the Wyoming Saw very much when it comes to sawing off elk legs and bull antlers. There is some serious sawing that needs to take place, and this saw does that quickly and easily. I think you can buy that through Cabela's.

I like Minus 33 merino wool base layer (long underwear and long sleeved top) clothing for elk hunting. If you don't have something like that, you might look for whatever Cabela's offers in the merino wool area.

Cabela's sells the excellent Meindl Perfekt Hunter boots. I know a lot of people who love these boots, including me.

Do you need a new parka to keep warm? New game bags for your meat? GPS?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.