Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk hunt advice

Old 11-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the OP wants to be sure he goes hunting in 2015 I'd suggest either Montana or Colorado with ID as another possibility. With no PPs in Wyoming he would be very lucky to draw a bull tag.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You're right. Colorado has no elk.
Yep. No mulies, whitetails, pronghorns, bear, cougar, moose, sheep or goats either. He best look elsewhere. CO has been "shot out".
Old 11-22-2014, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

We might have a couple of squirrels left.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

We might have a couple of squirrels left.
Nope. I shot both of them in Oct. Sorry.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

There goes my hunting season down the drain.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

There goes my hunting season down the drain.
There is always next year. I left Ya a couple of snowshoe hares and some sage grouse for seed stock.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Idaho, Montana, and Colorado all have available tags. Montana is 100% draw for the last several years and that wont change in 2015. Idaho and Colorado have OTC tags. As far as leasing horses you would need 5-6, you can look around but leased stock may be more trouble than they are worth. 5-6 horses in the back country you are looking at packing hay. Public land in Montana requires weed free certified hay. Grazing is hit and miss. Your best option may be a semi-guided or drop camp hunt. Not sure if you can get 5-6 into a drop or would want to, semi-guided out of a main base camp would seem to be your best option.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Spike

Default Elk Hunting in Montana

If you are looking for bull elk out of state tags they are hard to come by. Cows aren't to bad. We own a ranch in SE Montana in hunting district 705. We don't guide and charge less than outfitters. If you are interested in what we offer I have pictures and can tell you more of what we offer.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
bear hunting is really good in that area i hunt bear pretty close to there up on the rim.
Whats a good starting point. I helped a buddy 2 tears ago with a deer hunt around the area i mentioned and from where we were we could glass just under tge rim for miles. If you could pm me i would like some advice to take my son who lives with his mom in mesa bear hunting for the 2015 year.