Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Eva Shockey - class act

Old 11-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by redgreen
By evil, I meant the viciousness of the attack on their intended meal. I have seen bear attacks that were totally evil. Same with the cougar. I have seen them take down deer and sheep and it takes 5 to 10 minutes for their prey to die. I have seen deer taken down by wolves, and it is still alive while they are eating it. Nature is cruel and only the strongest and the most vicious survive for this reason.
Couldn't imagine being the target of there aggression and no way to protect myself! No thanks!
Old 11-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's not unusual to see cattle that are in wolf country to have big chunks of meat missing on them. Wolves feeding while it was alive, and then somehow the cattle got away.

Yes, nature can be very cruel. The tree huggers seem to ignore that fact.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'm on her side, but she could of avoided it by not posting the picture.
so you are saying we as hunters should hide in the shadows?
Old 11-20-2014, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, i'm saying go ahead and post what you want, but expect to get crap from the tree huggers when you do. Don't make a big deal out of it.

Isn't that the topic of this thread?
Old 11-20-2014, 07:03 AM
Spike

There will always be squirrel-squeezers that have to act like idiots when it comes to hunting, it's just their nature. I take it with a grain of salt, as I know they are ruled by how they "feel" verses any kind of logic or fact...and I refuse to be PC with them. They're completely ignorant to how nature really works, as most of them live in a concrete jungle and have no idea how it works outside of their little world. They also can't seem to remember that humans are and have always been a part of the food chain...but they think we can just step out of the food chain and everything will then be butterflies and roses. What they say and do is completely rediculous when you take into account that they have zero experience or knowledge of what they're talking about, which is very evident by some of the silly things they suggest. It would be like one of us trying to comment on something going on in their concrete jungle...the building of a bridge or something...but we don't because we don't know anything about it and therefore have nothing useful to add.
I view them as the people that stayed in the village and did other chores in early times, as not everyone had/has the instict or the patience to be a successful hunter. They are hippocrites if they are against hunting yet still consume meat...and the thought that we should all be herbivores rather than the omnivores that humans are is completely absurd. Like was mentioned before, if they toured a few slaughter houses they would quickly realize that most hunters dispatch an animal MORE quickly and cleanly, and the meat is handled in a lot cleaner environment as well. Okay, end rant.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
I despise the Shockey's....I watched one show where they were bear hunting and they/she shot a bear clearly low as it jumped up and you see hair flying....Her dad said that it was a clean miss. They didnt even bother to go look as the next scene she shot another bear. I wont watch any shows of his for this reason. also his name endorsed blackpowder stuff is absolute crap...not his fault necessarily but yet another reason to dislike him.
At least she did not shoot someone like Boddington's daughter did. Between the shooting and the funny stuff Boddington pulled during his bankruptcy I have no use for him at all. Shockey seems much better than that.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

FWIW, I have a buddy who attends the ATA show every year and has meet a lot of the TV hunters on several occasions and says that Jim Shockey is by far his favorite. Says he is a humble polite down to earth person and takes time to talk to people. Again just his opinion.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

not post her picture are you kidding she should be and is proud of her bear and i think she and everyone else should post there pic's if they like to and it was a nice picture without blood ,gut's and tongue hanging out nd the bonus is she's pretty hot !!