Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Looking for some Wyoming Mulie Hunt advice? >

Looking for some Wyoming Mulie Hunt advice?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Looking for some Wyoming Mulie Hunt advice?

Old 10-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Looking for some Wyoming Mulie Hunt advice?

I have hunted the Douglas area for antelope on a ranch that charged a trespass fee. We always saw lots of Mulies but the land owner doesn't run mulie hunts.

Can anyone put me onto a Landowner in that area that runs hunts for a trespassing fee. I am not looking for any trophy mulies.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

My first call would be to the local game warden.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds good Wyoming Trapper and I thank you for that info.

I was hoping someone from that area (or hunted that area) could possibly put me onto a landowner that they have personally dealt/hunted with in the past. That area is full of fantastic folks.

Over the years I have had people from this and other forums ask me about hunting and fishing in the north here. To tell them to contact a local game warden is only going to get them some government pamphlets (if they are lucky) and a list of possible zones or tourist operators to go to. There is a strong likelihood that their hunt/fish will not pan out.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated folks.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:54 AM
Fork Horn

Three years later - still looking?
Old 11-25-2017, 05:26 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Seven J outfitters.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muskyhunter1
Three years later - still looking?
Millions and millions of acres of public land in WY you can hunt mule deer on. Why wait 3 years for someone to give you the name of a rancher? Go out and hunt a deer on public land.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:09 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks JW. I will check them out.

Flags - I hear you my friend and you are correct. I live in an area of Canada with millions and millions of acres of public land. If you only 9 days of vacations (Sunday to Sunday) and you said you wanted to come hunt or fish up here. It is too easy for me to just say come on up.

Over the years I have helped a number of people find decent caribou, bear and fishing up here. They always have a million questions, food, fuel, licenses, where to go, meat processing, etc. Hell I even had a couple of Corn Huskers from Nebraska stay at my place a couple of nights during their trip. I was just looking for a little positive guidance to a good outfitter - that is all.

When you come up to Canada you have a 2+ day drive up (and 2+ days back). That leaves you 5 days to set up camp, find a good spot, follow the locals laws and not get in the way of other people already hunting.

In my personal opinion, It is always a lot nicer to go somewhere where their is someone already there to help and guide you and it is an opportunity to meet good people and friends.

Maybe once I retire in a few years and have lots of time I will do that thanks.

Last edited by Muskyhunter1; 11-26-2017 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Musky, I am with you, private farms and ranches are way nicer then public land. Folks are way to mobile anymore, any public land even remotely accessible get's lots of pressure. I live here in Montana, if that interest you, I know one rancher in SE Montana has whitetail, mulies and antelope. Town with motels is only 20 miles. if your interested and want to know more, pm me, thanks.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mthusker
Musky, I am with you, private farms and ranches are way nicer then public land. Folks are way to mobile anymore, any public land even remotely accessible get's lots of pressure. I live here in Montana, if that interest you, I know one rancher in SE Montana has whitetail, mulies and antelope. Town with motels is only 20 miles. if your interested and want to know more, pm me, thanks.
Thanks mthusker.....pm inbound.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

For the OP, have you considered seeing if that ranch owner where you hunted antelope has any suggestions or contacts. You obviously had a good experience with that person since you didn't mention it otherwise. As a rancher in the area, they probably know somebody they could recommend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.