Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

more than one elk tag?

Old 08-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Spike

Default more than one elk tag?

This is probably a dumb question but the game book for Colorado doesn't really give me a clear answer. In Colorado I know you can buy an OTC cow tag for archery and a bull for rifle for the same year but can you buy an either sex tag for archery and a cow tag for rifle without drawing? I usually save my bull for rifle but I have a friend getting into hunting and I don't want to conflict with his bull tag since I'll be taking him hunting. Thanks everyone!

Doc
Old 08-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can't have two A tags. You can have an A tag, and a B tag.

It's actually explained very well in the brochure.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Spike

An either sex license is a "A" tag, so as long as your cow tag is a "B" or "C" license you are good. You can also have as many "C" licenses as you can afford. Just remember 1 (A) tag and 1(B) tag or 2(B) tags and as many (C) tags as you wish. You can also have a (1)B and any number of (C). They just do not want you to be able to harvest 2 males in any one year. This is in the Brochure. You have to read it every night for 2 months to injest it all thoroughly. Good luck on your future hunt.