Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
View Poll Results: Which pants for deer, elk and coyotes in fall /winter in E. Wash.?
Sitka
10.00%
Kuiu
0%
Cabelas
40.00%
UnderArmor
20.00%
?
30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Sitka... Yes or no?

Old 08-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sitka... Yes or no?

Here's my dilemma. I can afford a nice pair of pants and need to buy before this fall. One friend says get Sitka or Kuiu. But my wallet is being stubborn. I would only need them 3-4 weeks per year and it is pretty dry when I hunt but with some cold & snow. Should I just get them (and which make /model) or try something less expensive? I have Gore-tex for most of my clothes and swear by it.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just go to the army surplus and get some battle dress. Your wallet will thank you, and it will do all that you require. I still use my old military kit for hunting purposes. Have every color camo that was ever offered when I was in the forces. Have a few foreign military patterns too.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought this thread might have been about Sitka Blacktails.

As to clothes, wear whatever turns your fancy.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
I thought this thread might have been about Sitka Blacktails.

As to clothes, wear whatever turns your fancy.

Same here! I do have one Sitka lightweight coat that I bought from a guy on another website that has a hunting related business. It was over $250 new and he had only worn it a few times and sold it for $100. It's a fantastic piece of clothing, but I wouldn't have noguht it new for the prices they want. Same thing with the other brand mentioned, as there are many pieces of clothing that are real good for a lot less money than these name brand ones.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

stormfront pants, 90% pants, coldfront pants?? Depends on what you are looking for

For me, I want a good pair of long johns, and a good set of packable rain pants. What I wear in the middle is not near as important and many brands will do the job just fine.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks all. Might just get some military pants, what I usually use.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

while it is true that a person can wear basically anything to hunt in i personally find having purpose built, top of the line gear for a sport i hold in such high regard is part of the excitement of getting out there. the bonus is this stuff works so well that it also helps keep you in the field as well.
i voted sitka as i have a bunch of the stuff and it will be my go to gear for years
Old 08-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any good suggestions on where to buy? We do have a Sportsmans Warehouse locally now.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you have that kind of "dough" shop here;

http://www.lintonoutdoors.com/russel-outdoors-apx/

I wish I could ?!?!
Old 08-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the link Sheridan. I can also get First Lite gear through work for almost half price. Maybe that would be the way to go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.