Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Update on our bear hunting issues.. >

Update on our bear hunting issues..

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Update on our bear hunting issues..

Old 09-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Most of the bears taken here is from bait.. Then followed by hounds and trapping them.. Lastly which comes to no surprise is stalking which mostly is a chance encounter while out hunting for deer..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 09-23-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Most of the bears taken here is from bait.. Then followed by hounds and trapping them.. Lastly which comes to no surprise is stalking which mostly is a chance encounter while out hunting for deer..
yup, that sums it up
Old 10-05-2014, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

A friends bear that is reaching and eating out of a crate where the bottom of it is 6 feet high.. He also had his snare broken by the big one " Fatty "

He is still trying to get one of them...

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-06-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

There is a lot of great information that is out on the Bear Whisperer -- The Maine bear Referendum Show.. Here is a link for anyone that wishes to view this show.. It takes roughly a half hour and has a comment on the end as to where you can look up the info for your self if desired.. http://vimeo.com/108039587
Old 10-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rigth now it still looks as though we will defeat this referedum although it still to early to tell for sure.. the polls here suggest that this will be defeated by 5e % percent of the vote to 37%.. I hope they are right.. Currently we are waiting on judges ruling on a suite HSUS has filed to try and stop our wildlife officials from having any more say into this and to have them pull all the adds.. But, I am hopeful the judge will rule against this.. I am also hopeful that most voters have made up their minds already.. So we will keep trying to nail done the undecided voters and wait it out for the voting to close on November 4th.. Wish us all some success on driving HSUS out of here once again.. Thank You all !! ...Here is a little something from one of the pieces of info being out here..
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/1...ef=regionstate

Oh yes I forogt to mention that old fatty still has avoided the trap.. He has set it off a few times and even had part of a back paw in it.. That did not bother him any at all .. He keeps coming back and has done a lot of tricks to keep out of it..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-17-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

For anyone that wishes to you can follow this along at http://savemainesbearhunt.com/..

Some of us feel pretty confident that this will be shot down and HSUS will have to go packing for another place to hit us from.. We will be trying to come up with new laws to prevent this type of stuff in the future like some other states have recently passed..
Old 10-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

I've lived in Mi, another state with a fair bear population all my life. And as a life long hunter I spend a good deal of time in the woods hunting game & also mushrooms of several types.

In all the thousands of outings over the years I've seen just 3 bears.

Sure I'm not going out looking for them, but then the deer hunters the anti-bear-hunt groups say will take enough bears are also not primarily looking for bears.

I read through the majority of the links you've provided. Most telling was all the changes & extended seasons the western states that have banned bait & dogs now have to use to try for even moderate control of the population of bears. I also noted how they now, at public expense, have to control problem bears who will other wise damage timber stands in some areas & raid trash cans in others.

Good luck to you in beating back the HSUS.....a bigger group of liars would be hard to find. Not a surprise they draw most funding from Washington DC another lair for liars....
Old 10-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you craig..

Also more good news that HSUS has tried to block in this campaign... The courts have ruled in our favor on our Wardens and Biologists can help in the campaign..
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/2...ting-question/

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 10-22-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

HSUS has appealed the courts decision which we suspected would happen.. The polls which we know can be wrong is showing 57% against the referendum, 36% in favor, and 7% undecided. If this holds true we will be sending HSUS packing.. There is not much time left and HSUS is planning on a media blitz to try and win this.. So it is still a long ways to go even though the days are being numbered.. Thanks everyone for your support and understanding on this very important issue..
Old 10-29-2014, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

good luck in your fight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.