Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Animal Rights Activists Killer the Lion >

Animal Rights Activists Killer the Lion

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Animal Rights Activists Killer the Lion

Old 06-26-2014, 01:06 PM
Spike

Default Animal Rights Activists Killer the Lion

I thought this was pretty interesting. I knew hunting saved deer in north american, but never thought about it world wide.

http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/iss...on-in-botswana
Old 06-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Spike

KILLED THE LION, my bad.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've hunted Africa 5 times. Things with no economic value over there are not tolerated. If the $$$ for hunting isn't available the locals will happily kill off every lion and leopard they can to protect their cattle. This is exactly what happened to the tiger. Due to the locals not benefiting from the tiger, they see no reason to protect it. This has lead to wide spread poaching to support the Chinese folk medicine trade. They could sell tiger permits for more than $1 million each and plug that money into local economies in India and other locations. If they did that you would see tiger poaching stop because the economic benefit of hiving them around would be obvious.

As always, when in doubt, follow the $$$.