Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
CO Public Land OTC Bow Pronghoorn Help/Advice >

CO Public Land OTC Bow Pronghoorn Help/Advice

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

CO Public Land OTC Bow Pronghoorn Help/Advice

Old 06-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Spike

Default CO Public Land OTC Bow Pronghoorn Help/Advice

Hello out there,
I am a couple of resident points into pronghorn here in CO. I, of course, ended up with an OTC bow tag after a non-succesful draw this year (2014).
I am an elk and deer guide in southwest CO and live near Durango. Pronghorn are definitely scarce down here and will be willing to travel to northeast or southeast CO to try to make this happen.
I have been looking at the grasslands outside of Greely, but also the grasslands in the southeast.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am not trying to ask someone to give up their trophy spot or anything. I am just trying to get a general nudge for direction in an area and totally willing to do my homework. This will be my first attempt at a speedgoat bow season, so anything helps.
Good luck to everyone out there this coming season. Let's keep hunting and help these traditions survive! Thanks, JW