HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Colorado hunting friend/help (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/390248-colorado-hunting-friend-help.html)

shootemall 03-09-2014 08:23 PM

Colorado hunting friend/help

Looking for someone to hunt with or give some guidance? I'm an all around hunter and have been hunting Whitetail and Turkey in the Mid West for the past 6 years and have come back to Colorado. Trying to hunt it all this year; Elk, Deer and Antelope. I'm trying to go during bow, rifle and muzzleloader and either sex tags for deer, elk and antelope. Don't know which season I want. I have gone during the 3rd season (South Crested Butte) and late season (cross the highway from Muller State Park) in the past. I would hunt private property, but I'm not to picky. It would have to be on foot, since I don't have access to horses.

flags 03-10-2014 08:37 AM

You need to be more specific before anyone can help you.

Rifle? Bow? Muzzleloader? Bucks and bulls? Cow and does? Early season? Late season? Private land? Public land? Horses? Afoot?

Big Uncle 03-10-2014 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by flags (Post 4127935)
... Bucks and bulls? Cow and does? ... Horses? ...

Navy guy (currently),

Hunting horses is just flat wrong! I saw a book once titled Hunting Dogs, and while I did not open the book I thought that was wrong too. - JK

I must admit that I have eaten both species in the travel of my younger days (OCONUS), but I think they were farmed and not hunted.

streetglideok 03-10-2014 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by shootemall (Post 4127859)
Looking for someone to hunt with or give some guidance? I'm an all around hunter and have been hunting Whitetail and Turkey in the Mid West for the past 6 years and have come back to Colorado. Trying to hunt it all this year; Elk, Deer and Antelope.

I see you're in the neighborhood. Tell us a little more about what you're wanting to do, as has been suggested. I'm more of a rifle kind of guy here. If you want to do draw tags, April 1 is the deadline for applying.

shootemall 03-10-2014 07:46 PM

I looking to hunt, because I like the challenge and to fill my freezer, but if a big boy crosses my path its even better. I would like to hunt all 3 methods, since it gives me more time to hunt and possibly more meat. What exactly I'm looking for is someone to hunt with or advice on units that are good for Elk or Deer, closer the better.

streetglideok 03-11-2014 04:20 AM

One piece of advice I can give you is, you'll want to look at units out west most likely. Before the Waldo and Black Forest fires, 511 was not that great for public hunting. Now you have even more people in less space. Too many locals go there to hunt, so IMO you'll want to try a unit further west if practical for elk.

SILVERTIP-CO 03-16-2014 05:28 PM

Im right down the road from you in P.W. Email me on my hotmail. Are you Army?