Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

CO Unit 78,80 elk hunt

Old 02-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Spike

Default CO Unit 78,80 elk hunt

Hi everyone this is my first time on here, I am looking for a little help. My family there is 10 of us, my dad and his brothers and my cousins are all planning a trip in October 2nd rifle season. We have a cabin rented just outside of South Fork and plan on hunting unit 78 and 80. I am looking for any help, this is our first year in these units. we hunted 551 a couple years ago without any luck. There is only like 3 to 5 of us hunting and the rest just coming along for a family trip. Could anyone give us some places to start looking. I am not looking for you to give up your favorite spots, just to lead us in a good direction. Also does anyone know of someone that might guide a couple of us for a day or 2. Really any help would be great. Thanks
Old 02-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

80 over near Summitville. Good luck.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Spike

Thanks SilverTip
I will take a look at it on Google earth, any help is great
Old 02-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

Are you drawing tags or purchasing over the counter tags?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I am planning a trip in the fall of 2015 on public land, and OTC tag so I will be eavesdropping on this thread for any tidbits I can get!

I am just getting a cow tag ( cheaper and I am just a meat hunter)

I will be doing it ON THE CHEAP! I will add any info to the thread that I am able to get from other resources.

Thanks

Don
Old 03-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Spike

Big group tent

I am not a first visitor of your site , i visit here more than many times.and it is more proud able thing is that i always read something good from your site.
thanks.