Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Bear Almost Climbs into Treestand >

Bear Almost Climbs into Treestand

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Bear Almost Climbs into Treestand

Old 01-25-2014, 06:51 AM
Spike

Default Bear Almost Climbs into Treestand

I found this little gem while digging through my external hard drive I have for all my footage. This was filmed in 2011 in September during Allegheny's (County in Pennsylvania that holds Pittsburgh) early doe season in 2B. A friend and myself were hunting his property in Gibsonia area when we noticed what appeared to be a black creature cruising up and down the ridge above us. We didn't know exactly what it was and had lost sight of it until we heard what sounded like barking being stripped off a tree. We turned to look to see a bear about 80 yards behind us 8 foot up in a tree looking around. By the time we could get the camera out it was down the tree and on its ways and well the rest is history. At one point I would of been able to bend down and kick this bear in the face. Well the video got some attention and the follow day we were actually featured on KDKA (News Channel in Pittsburgh, PA). The follow year after the footage was filmed the PGC passed the early bear season for 2B.

Here is the link to the video if anyone cares to watch: http://youtu.be/TcCLmgIv-xc