Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Recovering a BIG Black Bear >

Recovering a BIG Black Bear

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Recovering a BIG Black Bear

Old 12-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
Yeah, get all buddies together for the drag is what we do now. If everyone is up. All my hunting buddies live 150 miles from camp. Another good thing: shoot that bear by 8:00am. 5:00pm is not ideal.
So would you shoot a bear that weighs 700 pounds?i would and figure out the details later.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some elk jerky would hit the spot!gods good creatures sure taste good.
You guys are making me hungry.

We have venison, Corsican ram and bear in the freezer now. Gonna have to make something. Next weekend we're making bear chops. Marinated in soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and chopped garlic. Mmmm.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Northern NJ we also have kills of bears as much as 800 plus pounds. I hunt public land and I'm 3 miles in from my truck, no trucks, or ATVs allowed......so I use a JetSled for a normal size bear, killing one 500 or more pounds I have no idea what to do, but to quarter and skin it out which we are allowed to do
Old 12-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Spike

What a great problem to have...
Old 12-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
Here in Northern NJ we also have kills of bears as much as 800 plus pounds. I hunt public land and I'm 3 miles in from my truck, no trucks, or ATVs allowed......so I use a JetSled for a normal size bear, killing one 500 or more pounds I have no idea what to do, but to quarter and skin it out which we are allowed to do
Same thing here if the conditions allow for the sled to get in and out of there.. Which in some cases it is to thick to do that. Then you try and get a group of guys up to get the bears below 500lbs out. They can be quartered here as well. Although you have to leave proof of the sex with it when tagging them.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had to get ours through about 200 yards of overgrown clear cut. We had to do a little cutting to get through.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

I don't even shoot large deer. Last drag, I busted off an antler. And it's not worth the effort by yourself. I'll take a small deer any day. Especially since I hunt in the thick mountain Laurel.

This year, I used a walmart xmas tree storage box. $30 and it works well. It's long, thick plastic, and is the perfect size for a small deer.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

C'mon blur. That's a can't do spirit.

Look at this whitetail I got on my trail cam this fall. Right near one of our stands. He would be a lot of work.....but would look awesome on the wall.
Attached Thumbnails Recovering a BIG Black Bear-fat-pig-2.jpg  
Old 12-20-2013, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
C'mon blur. That's a can't do spirit.

Look at this whitetail I got on my trail cam this fall. Right near one of our stands. He would be a lot of work.....but would look awesome on the wall.
Looks like a farm raised pot belly pig deer. I'd let him pass, I like lean meat.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a farm raised pot belly pig deer. I'd let him pass, I like lean meat.
Stew, chili, tacos, etc....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.