Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wyoming Best place to move* live * hunt >

Wyoming Best place to move* live * hunt

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Best place to move* live * hunt

Old 12-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

He doth suggest there are ignorant people in Wyoming.

That was once true. We have since banished them all to the moron colony we call Jackson.
They are all happy there together now.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags

To those in WY, I offer the suggestion of looking at CO and take notes. Don't let what happened to my native state happen to yours. When someone walks up and says they are from CA, tell them in no uncertain words that they simply are not welcome. Once they settle in for the long haul, you're royally screwed. Don't believe me, look to the South!
I'm from Northern California and dying to move to western Wyoming.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

No place is perfect. I've lived in Wyoming 38 years and haven't seen anywhere else that would lure me away, though there are no doubt nice places in many states. Racism is something that isn't well tolerated in Wyoming.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wyomingtrapper
No place is perfect. I've lived in Wyoming 38 years and haven't seen anywhere else that would lure me away, though there are no doubt nice places in many states. Racism is something that isn't well tolerated in Wyoming.
I agree. I like it that way. Judge a man on the content of his character, not his skin color.

I would love to live smaller. I looked at a job in Buffalo recently, but knew Mrs. Fan would fight and be miserable because of it. I love that area.

There are good jobs in Cheyenne, so I stay. Driving to a good hunting or fishing area is not an issue since it's really in a reasonable drive, no matter where I go.

I just found out last week that I am fifth generation Cheyenne, WY by family. Odd, but cool. Love this place.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

Question

Originally Posted by DJfan
I agree. I like it that way. Judge a man on the content of his character, not his skin color.

I would love to live smaller. I looked at a job in Buffalo recently, but knew Mrs. Fan would fight and be miserable because of it. I love that area.

There are good jobs in Cheyenne, so I stay. Driving to a good hunting or fishing area is not an issue since it's really in a reasonable drive, no matter where I go.

I just found out last week that I am fifth generation Cheyenne, WY by family. Odd, but cool. Love this place.
There are jobs in Buffalo ?
I mean other than clerking in a Maverik or flipping burgers.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
There are jobs in Buffalo ?
I mean other than clerking in a Maverik or flipping burgers.
One of the churches there is looking to get a new pastor. I left the pulpit in '94 but would love another shot at it.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

One of the churches there is looking to get a new pastor. I left the pulpit in '94 but would love another shot at it.
You got me there.
Never would have thought of that.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
You got me there.
Never would have thought of that.
Me either, but it would be a dream come true. Oh well. Next time, huh?
Old 04-28-2014, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

Me either, but it would be a dream come true. Oh well. Next time, huh?
Keep after it.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need to look into Wyoming; here in NM hunting has become a rich mans sport; one can hunt almost anywhere in NM if you have the money. Drawing a hunting tag for a resident is hard, and very expensive. I applied for 5 hunts, and did not draw one tag. A resident Bull Elk tag is close to $100.00 here. I am very disappointed in NM where I was born and lived most of my life. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.