Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wyoming Best place to move* live * hunt >

Wyoming Best place to move* live * hunt

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Best place to move* live * hunt

Old 12-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Understandable. You already have Cheyenne.

Lets face it. All big cities suck! I never want to see another one.

Population in my town is 2200, and that's borderline too much.
The town I'm from in CO currently has a population of 212 and that includes all the outlying ranches and farms. My entire county (Logan) has less than 18,000 people in it. To me a town of 2200 is still way too big and I want no part of it

Denver was a pretty decent city in my youth. Unfortunately, the displaced transplants from the Pacific Coast have pretty much ruined the front range. Every time I go home on leave I get sickened by what I see. How I long for the CO of my youth, but it exists no more.

To those in WY, I offer the suggestion of looking at CO and take notes. Don't let what happened to my native state happen to yours. When someone walks up and says they are from CA, tell them in no uncertain words that they simply are not welcome. Once they settle in for the long haul, you're royally screwed. Don't believe me, look to the South!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
To those in WY, I offer the suggestion of looking at CO and take notes. Don't let what happened to my native state happen to yours. When someone walks up and says they are from CA, tell them in no uncertain words that they simply are not welcome. Once they settle in for the long haul, you're royally screwed. Don't believe me, look to the South!
There are those of us who grew up in So Cal who are not that way. In fact, that is why we left. Not everyone who leaves there leaves for that reason, but that is my story. I promise you would not know I am from there if you knew me.

At least give a chance is all I'm asking.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Your post was directly below mine in which I pointed out I couldn't find any stats to say one way or another how many crimes in Wyoming were committed by blacks or not. One might assume your post was directed at me but then again, it might not. If your post was directed towards me, you would be pretty much wrong on all accounts.

I've never thought I was "always safe" which is why I carry a gun often (partly out of habit). I have never lived in St. Louis or Chicago but from what I've read, both (especially Chicago) could rival many middle eastern countries for violence. I don't know how St. Louis treats gun rights but have read that Chicago is pathetic towards gun rights and has a lot of corruption/incompetence issues. I have driven through Harlem, etc. in NY and am familiar with the "cracker" comments--there is a lot of racism in some black communities.

My family has never been attacked but I have. I'm still here and some of them are in jail, prison or just gone. I don't "imagine a fairy tale" but do feel quite blessed. I didn't "fall" for the Obama lie although he's told so many that you might need to be more specific.

Again, I don't know if your comment was aimed directly at me but I have answered in case it was. I have been accused of many things but never liberal (at least so far).
CALHUNTER. I APOLOGIZE that was not intended for you. I just forgot to insert quote I was referring too from Mt hunt.
Which I hope was kidding.
I'll be more careful next time
Old 12-09-2013, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

Flags,
You can be sure that WY does not want what CO has. With the obvious exception of Jackson of course. It was lost long ago.
The Californicators have driven prices so high there that state employees who have to live and work there get an extra stipend to cover the ridiculous cost if living. Otherwise there would be no one to carry out state government functions in that area. You can't live there on a normal state salary.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by flags
The town I'm from in CO currently has a population of 212 and that includes all the outlying ranches and farms. My entire county (Logan) has less than 18,000 people in it. To me a town of 2200 is still way too big and I want no part of it
So, now it's my town is smaller than yours?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

So, now it's my town is smaller than yours?
I've got him beat.
My county only has 8600 people scattered out over 4200 square miles.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

There's such a thing as a town being too small, and not being able to support any businesses. I don't want to have to drive to the next town to buy something.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

There's such a thing as a town being too small, and not being able to support any businesses. I don't want to have to drive to the next town to buy something.
And in little towns like mine everything is overpriced so I buy very little here and make a trip to a bigger town every so often and stock up at lower prices. These little towns that make most of their money off summer tourists and fall hunters tend to price gouge. We year round residents just have to deal with it.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, we get gouged here too. It's a town that is supported by rafting. We're right on the Arkansas River.

I still love it here though. It's like Mayberry. Even the cops will wave at you. They don't have much else to do.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I hear you. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, high prices and all.

Well....... Maybe Libby, Montana.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.