Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Hunting grizzlies next year? >

Hunting grizzlies next year?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting grizzlies next year?

Old 12-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Spike

Default Hunting grizzlies next year?

As a resident of eastern Idaho, I hope what is mentioned in this article happens! It would be cool to have the chance at hunting grizzlies without travelling up north. I just looked at another site, and it said that a Yellowstone committee recommended de-listing the griz. Would you hunt one?

http://drul.co/hunting-grizzlies/
Old 12-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, if they were in Colorado.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Are they yummy and good to eat like a black bear?? If so I would hunt one, I would not shoot one just to be able to say I shot one and here's the hide ....I hunt for meat and meat only!!
Old 12-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Typical Buck

Hell yes I'd hunt Griz , but it would be like winning the powerball to draw a tag. Everybody will want that one.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Yes, if they were in Colorado.
They do come into the state every once in awhile. I do a lot of elk hunting for cows in unit 2 and it goes to the WY line. I've seen grizzly tracks there on 2 occasions. Never seen the bear itself but there is really no mistaking a grizzly track from a black bear track. When I was hunting bear in BC, we saw lots of grizzly tracks so I knew exactly what they were when I saw them in CO.

I talked to one of the game wardens up there once and he said he had seen a grizzly over by Powder Wash and that is 11 miles into CO. It's worth noting that state lines are not a solid barrier. Nothing stops an animal from walking into another state. Concepts like state lines exist only for humans, nothing else cares about them.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by finnbear
Are they yummy and good to eat like a black bear?? If so I would hunt one, I would not shoot one just to be able to say I shot one and here's the hide ....I hunt for meat and meat only!!
I ate and enjoyed the only black I have ever killed. But I have killed coyotes and may kill a wolf someday and won't be eating them!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

Never had a huge desire to travel to hunt grizzly but I'm sure if I'd grown up in grizzly country I would have hunted them every chance I got.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

Flags,

Wyoming G&F has counseled our grizzly bears about wandering into Colorado and becoming a nuisance to our more cultured neighbors to the south but they just don't take it seriously.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
Flags,

Wyoming G&F has counseled our grizzly bears about wandering into Colorado and becoming a nuisance to our more cultured neighbors to the south but they just don't take it seriously.
Bullcamp,

As a 5th generation native (on my Caucasian side) of CO as well as being part Arapaho, let me assure you that I would love it if you could convince some of your grizzlies to immigrate here on a full time basis. But, a bunch of those "panty-waist" transplants from CA we have been are cursed with would probably get all up in arms about it.

Tell you what, I'll trade you 100,000 brand new, still in the box, never utilized transplants from the Land of Fruits, Flakes and Nuts for every grizzly you send us. You may be asking just what would you do with the transplants and I offer you the suggestion that they could make a wonderful source of fertilizer because they sure produce a lot of BULLSH-T everywhere they end up.

Deal? I'm willing to go as high as 500,000 if you play hardball!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

I think you are on to something there Flags. Send your transplanted California townies up here to WY. They will hate it so bad they will flee back to the left coast. It's well over 100 miles from my house to anything that remotely resembles a shopping mall. They couldn't stand it. (Except over in Jackson of course)
And we would be happy to send you some grizzlies for your trouble. I think we would also throw in some wolves to sweeten the deal.

And if my plan should fail we can always send the Californicators up to Montana. If they like CO they will love Flathead county.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.