Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Non guided hunt, part 2

Old 11-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Spike

Default Non guided hunt, part 2

Ok, my last thread got blocked, so ill continue on this one. Spring here in Texas ends in May, so that's why I said summer. I'm totally ok with spot and stalk or calling. Can you not spotlight out there? What call would you recommend? How important is good camo? I also saw an aoudad hunt in west Texas for $850. This is pretty easy and fairly inexpensive for a hunt. I'll have to call the guy and talk to him about it. Does anyone know about other hunts like this also?
Old 11-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Your last thread was "temporarily locked" so a flame war between 2 other members (not you) could be moderated. That topic is now open again. Feel free to continue this thread or revert back to the other thread. You're asking good questions and there is some helpful information being posted. Good luck in your hunt. Let us know how it works out.

CalHunter
Old 11-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was one of the members involved in the flame. I'd like to publicly apologize to the originator. 2 of us let some personal animosity get out of control and that was uncalled for on our end. I try to hold myself to a high standard and in that instance I let emotions get away from me.

Peace
Old 11-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Kudos and that is completely standup. You bring a wealth of information and knowledge to the board as does the other member. If the 2 of you were sitting around a hunting campfire, I'm sure you would end up friends as both of you have similar hunting observations through different species and experiences. A lot of members are interested in hunting Colorado someday and you're both an invaluable resource for that endeavor.

Cal
Old 11-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

We have sat around the fire through PM's. You won't see any trouble from us again.

I'd apologize to the forum, but I figured they're used to me by now.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Now that you're both back to just a little cantankerous, welcome back.