Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Cow Moose Down Nov. 2, 2013 >

Cow Moose Down Nov. 2, 2013

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Cow Moose Down Nov. 2, 2013

Old 11-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought that area looked strange for moose too. This is where I see them munching on willows. This is the sister of a brother and sister that live in this area. My camera makes everything look farther away. I couldn't have been more than 50-60yds away.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by deernutz
Nice moose, but I was thinking the same thing. Looks a little crazy. Like the moose just kicked his dog.
It looks like the expression that one gets when the fun is over and the hard work is about to begin. I've had that expression myself.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Great stuff mate, how do moose eat? They pretty strong compared to say a whitetail? **** they live in some open country!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the comments

Originally Posted by homers brother
That looks like my own "now-I-have-to-dress-this-thing-and-pack-it-out" look. Completely understandable.

Now, what's unusual to me is that I don't ever think I've seen a moose on country like that? Having been through AB, I know it's pretty flat and very agricultural. I'm just more accustomed to seeing moose where there are water and willows?

Someone will be eating like a king this winter. What a beautiful animal. Congratulations!
In these agricultural areas moose travel between islands of bush, so they are always on the move. It's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Theres not really any places I hunt where there are "always" moose, because they show up at one property one day and end up a few kilometres away the next. Northern Alberta is a different story as there is a mix of agriculture and boreal forest.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dougvarrieur
Congrats! When you're done butchering how many pounds of meat do you think you'll have?
After skinning and quartering the animal I weighed each quarter and all 4 combined turned out to be 390 pounds. I never bother to actually weigh the meat once it's been cut.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jpbowhunter
Great stuff mate, how do moose eat? They pretty strong compared to say a whitetail? **** they live in some open country!
Thanks. The taste is a little different compared to a deer, but not gamey or anything. The steaks are great off a moose.