Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Extreme Huntress

Old 10-11-2013, 03:21 AM
Typical Buck

I checked out the website and read about all the contestants. Didn't vote. Don't know any of the ladies.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Spike

Got my vote and good luck in your adventures!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
It is if you're asking for my vote.
Diss her for using the wrong word, while defending Jon cuz he is young? How does that jive?

Besides, as Uncle Ted says, "To grill it, first you have to kill it"

She grew up in Alaska where saying "kill" is OK and not banned by the PC crowd.

She gets my vote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by txhunter58
Diss her for using the wrong word, while defending Jon cuz he is young? How does that jive?

Besides, as Uncle Ted says, "To grill it, first you have to kill it"

She grew up in Alaska where saying "kill" is OK and not banned by the PC crowd.

She gets my vote
A stranger comes to the forum, and asks for a vote? I only know what she says about herself.

I know Jon.

Do you guys vote for politicians the same way?
Old 10-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

And any 18 year old that doesn't say things just the right way certainly doesn't deserve our vote? I don't know her from Adam, but she obviously has a passion for the sport, and I support that, so she gets my vote.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

Pete is right. So sayeth the delegation from Robinson Canyon.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by txhunter58
And any 18 year old that doesn't say things just the right way certainly doesn't deserve our vote? I don't know her from Adam, but she obviously has a passion for the sport, and I support that, so she gets my vote.

It's not what she said. It's what she asked. I don't vote for strangers. How is that fair to the other contestants? I'm sure she made this same thread on as many forums as she could find. Never to return again.

You gave her a vote not knowing any of the other contestants. Why? What would you do if another contestant comes here, and asks for your vote?
Old 10-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why? Because she had the drive to go on 100 websites to try and drum up votes. These "elections" or "opinion polls" online are all bogus, they mean nothing. But when an 18 year old girl wants to go hunting that bad, I support her in her effort even though I don't know her.

Reading her essay reminded me of ME when I was that age, and that is more and more rare that youth feel that way, especially in girls.

I even messaged her and told her about our Father/Daughter hunting weekend at my ranch here in Texas that we hold every year and told her if interested that she and her Dad could come hunt here the next time in Texas. To me encouraging youth in hunting is one of the things that still gives me pleasure.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Spike

Hello and thanks for your votes! So I see there are questions, no I am not a trophy hunter. Yes everyone wants the 'big buck' so they can brag to their friends but of course I hunt for the meat. In Alaska meat is a lot more expensive and I refuse to eat that chemically infused garbage. And when the freezer gets full I enjoy being out in the woods and help neighbors who cannot get out there to also fill their freezers. Its not about the kill it's subsistence hunting with also the want for bragging rights and taking mature adult animals. The competition is to have a female role model to help bring more women into hunting since divorce rates are so high, if the kiddos see mum hunting hopefully she will teach on the way of life we all love. In my case since I don't have kids I want to get more teenagers and even younger girls to have a good role model to look up to. I have taken friends out who have never held a gun in their life and now they love hunting. Ex boyfriend's little siblings I have brought them to the range to teach them proper gun safety. If you'd like you can go to my Facebook page Ak Huntress and see more pictures. Thank you all and happy hunting!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

You should have said that to begin with. You have my vote, and keep up the good work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.