Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Manitoba Caribou Hunt

Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default Manitoba Caribou Hunt

I hunted caribou (Central Barren Ground Caribou) in Manitoba a couple weeks ago... Went with The Lodge at Little Duck and had a fabulous hunt...caribou were everywhere, the fishing was excellent, the accommodations were first class, the staff was great, etc... Everyone in camp filled both of their tags... We saw countless animals and many, many mature bulls... Here's a few photos.

My First Bull...

My Second Bull...

Misc. photos...

Old 10-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

Nice pictures and congrats on the great bull.how was the meat?i ate bou once and it was pretty good.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

The meat is fantastic... I've eaten elk, moose, deer, antelope, etc. and I'd have to say Caribou is the best I've eaten.. It's very tasty (very mild...not gamey) and so far the steaks we've had have been very, very tender. I brought back the two I killed and another hunter gave me some of his meat as he was going on a moose hunt the following week and couldn't take all of his meat. I drove up. I brought coolers for the meat. They freeze it there after they bone it out, so it kept just fine on the way home. I had a 17 hour drive back and just put ice in the coolers... I put one bag in each cooler and still had Ice when I got home.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tatonka
The meat is fantastic... I've eaten elk, moose, deer, antelope, etc. and I'd have to say Caribou is the best I've eaten.. It's very tasty (very mild...not gamey) and so far the steaks we've had have been very, very tender. I brought back the two I killed and another hunter gave me some of his meat as he was going on a moose hunt the following week and couldn't take all of his meat. I drove up. I brought coolers for the meat. They freeze it there after they bone it out, so it kept just fine on the way home. I had a 17 hour drive back and just put ice in the coolers... I put one bag in each cooler and still had Ice when I got home.
Right on!i am jelouse!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice going! It sure looks like some nice country to see by those pics! Nice pics and congrats on you success!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
Nice going! It sure looks like some nice country to see by those pics! Nice pics and congrats on you success!
Beautiful Country for sure...wild and untamed. I'll be going back...you can bet on that!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Spike

Very nice caribou, I've been caribou hunting in Quebec a few times and it was always the best hunting I've ever done. Why not put some outfitters info here so we can check it out. Congrats on nice caribou and many fond memories!
Old 11-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome job! Jealous!

hopefully within a few years I'll be as lucky!