Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear

Old 09-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bear

Well I got a bear on my bait site after 8 days...I had bait out for spring bear and got zero bear...so this is promising!!

Attached Thumbnails Bear-bear.jpg  
Old 09-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Spike

thats real cool,great pic.what do they like to eat? Are they more apt to charge you,or run when hit?

look,i have a question for you. im moving into grizzly bear country and i am a black powder hunter.i use a .50 caliber rifle w/whatever bullets i want and a double 12 gauge with .69/730 grain miniebullets.Im not going after bear,just deer/elk.But do you think the bp guns i have will be enough to stop a grizzly from attacking me?

thanks for any input,you seem to know bears.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, but I know muzzleloaders. You didn't like my answer to this question in the thread you started?
Old 09-10-2013, 04:46 PM
car
Typical Buck

Nice bear, good luck! I leave on Sat for NH to bear hunt.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Spike

Default ?

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Yes, but I know muzzleloaders. You didn't like my answer to this question in the thread you started?
i dont know if youre talking to me or the original poster..i asked about bears and muzzleloaders on two forums to get as many opinions as possible.On this forum i got no responses to my thread.On the other forum i got plenty and valued them all.Since the OP here is a bear hunter,i figured id ask him,as there were no other responses to his thread. Im not looking to like an answer,just hear from ppl that know.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Black bear can run at you when hit but usually its just because they are running after getting shot...not necessarily charging at you...black bear would rather get away from people unless its a momma and her cubs...grizzlies a whole different story...If you have the drop on it and its all you have you better shoot. we have them in Idaho but not here in the area I am hunting. As far as black bear hunting this is my first year...so Im learning about baiting as I go from friends that have hunted them for years. The bear should get moving on bait more when they get the hounds chasing them around.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Do you guys ever stalk them on foot just by tracking over there?
Old 09-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jpbowhunter
Do you guys ever stalk them on foot just by tracking over there?
Its rare to see them much less stalk them around here...I'm going out in a few to check the bait...
Old 09-24-2013, 07:07 AM
fzo
Fork Horn

nice picture of the bear
Old 09-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

couple updated pics...the bear are starting to hit the bait more...I had 3 days in a row then thurs,fri, Saturday nothing...Saturday/Sunday morning almost got cleaned out by a sow and 2 possibly 3 cubs.... bait is refilled I stayed till I got too cold and called it a night..nothing in daylight/shooting hours lately...

Attached Thumbnails Bear-bear-cub.jpg   Bear-sow.jpg  

Last edited by Wilcam47; 10-01-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.