Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
244" Giant Mule Deer in Colorado >

244" Giant Mule Deer in Colorado

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

244" Giant Mule Deer in Colorado

Old 08-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Part of the video shows the hunter walking with two poles and all he has is his orange coat on and no pack, gun, etc.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I saw he was not carrying his gun. He is an older gentleman who appears to be mobility impaired. He is walking in snow on a semi steep hill. I hope I don't have to give up hunting some day just because I can't carry my gun down/up a slippery slope any more. Gonna get my grandson to carry it or a friend, or a guide. If that makes me less of a man/hunter, so be it. That is what I meant by need more info. Maybe he had knee replacement that year, etc. Should paraplegics give up hunting?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, he's a 70 year old rich SOB and if he probably got off his dead azz and got some excercise he might not have to walk with two poles and have someone lead him around by the ****! Sorry, but these types of hunts are the ruination of hunting when it comes down to a guy paying a six digit figure at an auction to get ahead of the rest of the common guys that can't afford it and on top of that they allow the tag to be used for a year, even on the winter range like that buck where an animal is susceptible to being found and killed pretty easy compared to the legal hunting seasons all of the rest of us have to abide by. On top of that he then hires an outfitter for big dollars that has 10 or more "guides" who get paid a finders fee that many times is in the five digits to find and get the guy on a big deer or elk. About all he does is pull the trigger when they lead him to it after he eats his "samwich" just like that video showed! I'm 66 this Friday and still pack animals out on my back in Wyoming every year, carry my own gun and backpack, etc. When the day comes that I can't do that I'll go to an easier style like we all have to eventually do as age catches up to us. Sorry for the rant, but this hunting "industry" that has now developed so people can make a buck or two, rather than enjoy what hunting is all about and what I learned from Dad over my lifetime really chaps my azz!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-12-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Rifles have slings just for situations like this.....just curious did anyone see a video of him behind the gun???
Old 08-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe he was walking down to the deer with the poles after he shot it, but it would seem you would want to take the gun with you, especially on a long shot like he took and not knowing where the animal was hit and if it was really dead. He was behind the gun with no orange hat on and then the camera went to the deer and then back to him still without an orange hat on after the shot. The guy is a millionaire Pres. of an aerospace firm amongst other companies he's involved in, lives in a 3 million dollar home in a Dallas suburb, and has also bought his way to two sheep that broke 200" with tags that cost $180,000 and $200,000 at auction and that's just two of his other expensive "trophies"! I guess he's got enough money that he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants and if he gets a violation for not wearing an orange hat I guess he can pay the fine with no problem!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-12-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Guides do have to wear orange on public land. Private land hunts I'm not sure on that one. But the main story of this is the 244" deer and someone that has enough money to have someone find one for him and carry all his gear to go get it. Sometimes to get someone to an elk or deer in a timely fashion I've carried their gear myself. It's what you get paid to do, but I wouldn't let it become a habit among clients. It's not hunting to me but yet to others the hunt of a lifetime. Shrugs.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deer of a life time for Quinn / anybody................I'm delighted for him.

I gotta go hunt one up for me.....................I wish I had the money to have him do my scouting !
Old 08-15-2013, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Blue2011
M.....m.b..p.Oaj

4rrre3l

Vggvqbbbcxfxxzzxfghbhhyggggggggggvggggvgfvgggggvvb vvbbbbb. Vvvv vcvvgggggbbbbbbbbbbbñbnb vvvvvbbbbbhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhvugvggqg

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android

WTH is that!!!