Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Best State in the US for resident Hunting >

Best State in the US for resident Hunting

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Best State in the US for resident Hunting

Old 07-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Spike

Sorry guys my comments are a little delayed
Old 07-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Spike

If you want to go elk hunting bad enough there are reduced cow/calf tags available too. This way you don't have to pay the hefty price for a NR permit for a general tag.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Jbergy
If you want to go elk hunting bad enough there are reduced cow/calf tags available too. This way you don't have to pay the hefty price for a NR permit for a general tag.
***That's right, but you're still talking over $300 by the time you buy the required Conservation Stamp.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:58 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DJfan
One more thing about Wyoming. If you move here, you are not a resident for a year, as far as Game and Fish is concerned. It really interrupts your hunting, unless you're rich.

x2 I think this law is a joke. If you move there, (hoping to in 2014)living there 24/7 I think you should be considered a resident.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by car
x2 I think this law is a joke. If you move there, (hoping to in 2014)living there 24/7 I think you should be considered a resident.

***Most G&F Departments have some type of requirement like that, but I think most are no more than 6 months. The reason they have to do that is that there are too many cheats that would say they are residents to draw a cheaper and easier to get tag as a resident. As it is they still catch people cheating and trying to buy a resident license even when they live full time in another state. I think a year is too long and they should go to 6 months just for you car PS: I wish you'd get your butt out there so we could go hunting deer or turkeys together up there where you bought your property.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by car
I think most states are like this, you cant just immediately get residency. They may not be that long, but it does take time.

Hmm my parents wanted to move to wyomng, maybe I should give them the push.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:16 PM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***Most G&F Departments have some type of requirement like that, but I think most are no more than 6 months. The reason they have to do that is that there are too many cheats that would say they are residents to draw a cheaper and easier to get tag as a resident. As it is they still catch people cheating and trying to buy a resident license even when they live full time in another state. I think a year is too long and they should go to 6 months just for you car PS: I wish you'd get your butt out there so we could go hunting deer or turkeys together up there where you bought your property.

Me too!! Have to sell our car wash first!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Spike

Yeah to many people cheat on the residency thing I know of some people that had house here in Wyoming and also had their mail delivered to that and didn't even live here. They also are people that live here the they move out of state for work and been gone for awhile but keep their wyoming drivers license and use that to get their licenses to. The ones I know about got caught doing it. I know licenses are expensive but we have to pay the prices to when we want to go hunt somewhere else.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jbergy
Yeah to many people cheat on the residency thing I know of some people that had house here in Wyoming and also had their mail delivered to that and didn't even live here. They also are people that live here the they move out of state for work and been gone for awhile but keep their wyoming drivers license and use that to get their licenses to. The ones I know about got caught doing it. I know licenses are expensive but we have to pay the prices to when we want to go hunt somewhere else.
Im in the military so I can keep my DL, but are others not allowed to keep their DL in their home state and live elsewhere?

I dont know how residency law works
Old 07-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Chopayne
Im in the military so I can keep my DL, but are others not allowed to keep their DL in their home state and live elsewhere?

I dont know how residency law works
***You can only claim one residence and it's supposed to be where you live for more than 180+ days in a calendar year in most cases, vote, etc. That is also where you're supposed to get your drivers license and you are not supposed to have multiple ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.