Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Why do you care what damage you do? You don't live here.

Your sky is falling attitude makes me sick!
The fact that you (and the like) don't see the SKY IS FALLING is very concerning. It is why you've lots rights and will continue to.

If we shouldn't Boycott - What should we do?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by A11en
Chopayne, Own a business? Many business associated with hunting / shooting ARE pulling out of CO! HiViz, the Outdoor Channel and Magpul. In fact many of the business owners clearly understand actions speak louder than words. In fact the "actions" of these companies speak so loud, I can't hear what you are saying.
Those are BIG Businesses, not small businesses. Those are the people who will be affected, big business will write it off and move on... do you know anything about the economy? obviously not. See I can be an ass like you.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

what good comes from going beyond a civil discussion
Amongst ourselves? There are set opinions here that
Aren't about to change. Both sides feel strongly that
They are correct.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Chopayne
Those are BIG Businesses, not small businesses. Those are the people who will be affected, big business will write it off and move on... do you know anything about the economy? obviously not. See I can be an ass like you.
Resorting to name calling? That is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully.

I believe I've made my point. I'll stand down to avoid creating further conflict and stress for my CO friends.

Fight for your rights people!!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by A11en
Resorting to name calling? That is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcefully.

I believe I've made my point. I'll stand down to avoid creating further conflict and stress for my CO friends.

Fight for your rights people!!!!

What points have you made other than you'll obviously be hurting a lot more people than you help, LOL?! We know of only two or three business ventures that say they will no longer do business in Colorado after this ban was passed. Please relate to us all of the other businesses that are pulling out since you said "MANY" are. Your "standing down" on this and any other discussion of this ban is probably the way to go and the best thing we've all heard since this thread got started! Maybe if you go out and do a little studying of what you are mentioning that you'll see you are way off base in your thinking.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll do what I can about this problem the right way, and it won't hurt those who are on our side.

Meanwhile, i'll enjoy getting easier tags, and less hunters in my mountains.

Enjoy your boycott. I'll be enjoying Colorado.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

So,,,the parent company that owns the OutDoor Channel is pulling out of Denver?

Not according to this.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/32...un-bill-claims

Outdoor Channel recently accepted an offer to be purchased by Denver-based Kroenke Sports and Entertainment LLC, which owns and operates the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche.
Oh, you mean the guy that hosts 4 shows?

"Michael Bane is an independent (emphasis theirs) executive producer and host of four popular programs on the network," the statement read, in part. "However, his views and the direction in which he takes his productions do not necessarily reflect those of Outdoor Channel."

Last edited by Gm54-120; 04-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Spike

After reading these post it quite clear that a good number of you think that our 2nd amendment has something to do with hunting. I don't need a gun that carries 15 round when hunting, do you even have a brain. Our rights have nothing to do with hunting that what liberals what you to believe. When more people are killed with a knife than a rifle, so why are they trying to ban simi auto's, because they aren't used for hunting, that what they want you to think. But the truth is that is just where they are starting. Get rid of the easier ones first. In war there are sometimes casualties. So yes it will hurt outfitters who didn't support this ban. Its will also hurt hotels owner, stores, gas stations,gift shops, we are not talking about just hunters boycotting Colorado we are talking tourist, skiers, business. If you own a gun don't spend your money in Colorado. So will some people get hurt that didn't support this bill? Yes in war and this is a war innocent get hurt. But if we don't stand together all gun owners we will all stand to lose.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Spike

Well muley hunter, or pete I am a hunter and have hunted for the last 40 years in Colorado. Second if you think this is about hunting your not all that smart. Liberals what to make this about hunting, not about the truth and that is they are taking our god given right to own and bear arms. The same arm that police say they need. Now tell me something, why do the police need these guns and 15 round mag but we don't. The last time I looked they were dealing with, and encounter with the same bad guys we are.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JoeA
Maybe there's an opportunity for some enterprising person / company to put a 14rd mag on the market.
I'd bet Magpul and any other magazine (they're not clips) manufacturers could easily manufacture a 14-round, 10-round, 7-round or any size capacity magazine that would sell well. I realize you were being facetious but you also brought up an excellent point--Outlawing a certain # or round capacity in a magazine is a measure that will result in adaptation.

We all know that magazine size isn't the problem. It's crazy people using the magazines for evil purposes. Thanks to this ill-considered law, a gunowner possessing a 14-round magazine will be legal while a gunowner possessing a 15-round magazine (at least a new one) will be a lawbreaker. If we were to use this same twisted logic, does this mean those lawmakers don't care about the first 14 victims of a murderous shooting spree? I highly doubt it but such stupid logic is the same level on which they are operating.

Meanwhile, how long before the lawmakers address the mental health problem which is part of 100% of all murderous shooting sprees? Not holding my breath.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.