Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by w123t
I personally think we've just about beat this horse to death.
Some people think one way some people think another and
we all care about our freedom. I won't be boycotting Colorado.

What WILL you do?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by A11en
Chopayne, That is exactly my point. We are thinking alike, I'm just suggesting we apply the same logic to the liberals... a political jiu-jitsu if you will...

If the liberals realize these new laws actually "hurt their own pockets", they will reverse them. Again, I realize the short term results of a boycott impact good people, but if these laws continue to pass incrementally, the way of life you are protecting won't exist at all in the future. The only way to change the minds of the liberals is to create a direct connection between the laws they pass and a negative experience that impacts them.

Magpul understands this. They recognize the short term pain of up rooting their business and moving to a new state will have short term "pain", but its the right thing to do to protect their long term business.
Well I know we're all thinking alike, its the tactic that we're not agreeing on. If your family was going to be on the other side of the boycott, what would you be doing?

Last edited by Chopayne; 04-01-2013 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, I have been doing a lot of thinking on the whole boycott idea. Personally, I feel any hunters that are actually planning on boycotting Colorado is totally ignorant as you aren’t impacting anyone who is not on the gun rights side. So, who can you actually boycott that could actually make a difference?

I quick google search on the Colorado economy points us in a few directions.

In terms of revenue generated, Colorado's top five agricultural products are cattle and calves, dairy products, corn for grain, greenhouse and nursery products, and hogs

So, we could stop eating beef, corn products, any dairy and the wonderful swine. Nursery products, my wife isn’t going to be happy about that one, but we all have to pull together.

Leading manufactured products are scientific instruments (medical instruments, devices for measuring electric current).
Computers and communications equipment are the leading types of machinery manufactured Colorado.

The state's food processing manufacturing industries (beer brewing, soft drink bottling, meat-packing, and production of animal feed), rank third.
Other manufactured products include electrical equipment (computer components, telephone equipment, television cameras), fabricated metals (metal doors), leather and leather products (luggage), and paper (newspaper and business forms

I guess we could also stop wearing anything cotton, and if happen to need to have any surgeries planed you could ask that only items not from Colorado be used. This one hurts, your going to have to give up pop and beer too. Ouch. And, you’re going to have to stop posting to this website because your computer might have something manufactured in Colorado.

Oil, coal, and natural gas are Colorado's chief mined products.

Well, summer is almost here, we can all peddle around on our bikes and use solar ovens to cook since we will be boycotting electricity and natural gas.

So, boycotters, since you feel the need to boycott, why don’t you boycott these products/industries as they actually have the money to change politicians minds. Mom and Pop shops that would/can be affected by “Boycott Colorado” don’t.

What I will be doing is voting this fall, and every fall as I always have, and talking and educating those who have different beliefs that have been formed by ignorance.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Colorado is also very dependant on the military. We have 6 military bases that I can think of. I'm not really sure how to boycott the military so you might just have to look at anyone in a military uniform and tell them that you are boycotting them. Maybe you could tell the feds that you aren't going to pay 40% of your taxes since it goes to the military (just a guess on the percentage)

And, since Norad is in Colorado, you might have to tell Santa to cross you off his list. Santa can't find your house without Norad, or maybe the news just can't tell you when he is going to get to your house. Either way, have Santa to cross your name off. Maybe he as a list for Boycotters that isn't the naughty or nice list?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

A boycott of the following makes more sense:

following listing includes the most prominent national corporations that have lent their corporate support to gun control initiatives or taken position supporting gun control.

American Multi Cinemas Entertainment, Inc.
Kansas City, MO 64141
www.amctheaters.com
Movie Theater Company

Hallmark Cards
Kansas City, MO 64141
www.hallmark.com

Levi Strauss & Co.
San Francisco, CA 94111
www.levistraus.com

Sara Lee Corporation
Sara Lee Foundation
Chicago, IL 60602-4260
www.saralee.com

Southland Corporation
Dallas, TX 75221
www.7-eleven.com

Sprint Corp PAC
Westwood, KS 66205
www.sprint.com

Time Warner Inc.
New York, NY 10019
www.pathfinder.com/corp/
Publishing, film and music recordings
Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Allen,

I will continue to hunt/spend my hard earned dollars
In colorado whenever I can and support the hunting
Community that are fighting to change things back
To something that makes sense.

When I vote, I'll make sure it's for intelligent
People that support freedom, the second
Amendment, our opportunity to hunt and
Ways to curb the global rise in temps which
In the long run may well be the biggest threat
There is to our continued ability to hunt
Or exist for that matter.

In the mean time, I wish you the best of
Luck in however you decide to express
Your dislike to the knee jerk reaction that
None of us like.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Fork Horn

What Saralee??? I love her food though. And Levi's, I would've thought would have been against the anti-gun legislations.

Screw Time warner though, they screw us enough, too powerful of a company though.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Look at what Connecticut is trying to pass! It makes Colorado pretty mild.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

We don't need gun bans. We need this.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/...rgia-town.html
Old 04-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Muley hunter,

I like it, that Georgia town has the right idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.