Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by A11en
Doing nothing is what allowed the laws to pass. I'd rather do something to prevent the spread of such laws. Otherwise well have as many restrictions as you do
By doing something, you're only hurting those who will help repeal the law. Youre taking money from the people who need to take a stand against this = \ Shooting ourselves in the foot.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

A11en your running off at the head to the wrong people!Were on your side! Call hickenbiooper up and yellat him.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by A11en
Muley hunter, what did you do to prevent the laws from passing?
E-mailed everybody to not pass the bills, and got my friends to do the same thing. It didn't help.

We've had shootings in this state that people won't forget. You're not going to change their minds.

None of the laws really affect me in anyway, but I still don't like them.

Do you think you're doing more than we are? You're just cutting your nose off to spite your face.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Well his argument (not attacking) is that inaction is worse than action. But quite honestly it seems like instead of staying back and waiting for the right target, he is saying its better to gather everyone up and slash everything down in front of us because its better to do something than nothing.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

Sit back and do nothing- see what happens
Old 03-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Finally, by all means support the candidate running against a "For" voter. I personally believe the Democrats sealed their own fate in 2014 with this legislation. They kicked a sleeping gaint...
I sure hope you're right on this one. I want to puke everytime I see a picture of Hickenloopers stupid face. He don't give a rats behind what the people of Colorado think or what they want.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, it is absolutely ridiculous to try to reason with a person who doesn't want to listen to anything but their own convoluted thinking. How anyone can think that boycotting CO is going to affect anything that will change that Bill is unreal. It's the big city liberal mentality throughout the entire US of A that is killing us all and as long as they are in the majority, and make no mistake about it because they are, we are in deep chit!!! Draw a circle out around the few counties surrounding the Denver area, take way their vote , and this would not have passed. Same thing in the state of NY. All the rural area folks are absolutely appalled at really having no voice in their state because of the NY City voters. Same thing in CA and on and on and on. How do you think that BO was not only elected once, but twice? Simple big city demographics that we are fighting and will never change the way this country is now run by those with "the entitlement midset" and they are the population that is increasing every year to our detriment!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

A11en,

Despite the massive outcry against these bills, The Colorado Democrats took their marching orders from back east and passed these bills. It's real obvious. If you will take the time to carefully examine, several of the bill are exact copies of those bills passed in New York. The Democrats have a national agenda pure and simple.

I too spent hours and days writting to every Democrat Senator and State Representative. I even racked up a hefty cell phone bill with calls. My pen and calls fell on deaf ears, as did so many of my Colorado compatriots. Essentially, we lost this battle. However, not unlike the sneaky attack on Pearl Harbor, the Democrats have kicked a sleeping gaint. Do you remember how that battle panned out? We, the vast majority of Colorado citizens, do not intend on losing this war!

I can assure you, the fight has only begun.

What Am I doing? I am doing exactly what I stated. I am taking kids hunting, first and foremost-as many as possible. I am donating time and money to opposing candidates. I am walking through neighborhoods collecting signatures and informing the uninformed. I am politely telling Governor Hickenlooper to pull his head out of his backside-every chance I get. I am also placing blame on him for the recent murders which took place here (his government has failed the people) On July 2nd (providing there isn't an injunction) I will be on the steps of the capital breaking the law with my fellow Coloradans. I will continue to support the CDOW and the wildlife in their care...it only makes sense. I will NOT turn tail and run...seems to me that's the Modus Operandi of cowards and non-gamers.

I'll be real frank here, I agree with Muley Hunter, take your money elsewhere...don't come back when things suit you.

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 03-23-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky,

me too brother, me too!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jorgy
You can still feel free to take your business to another western state, but you are going to miss the fun of smoking some legal pot while watching gay couples getting married.
barf!!!

I agree that boycotting the Colorado Dept of Fish & Wildlife is not the solution to this stupidity.

I still have relatives living in the Denver area and I was there last week visiting them.

While I was there, I picked up a nail in one of my car's tires. My tires are Firestone, so I went to a Firestone tire center there. I asked the guy behind the counter if they fixed flats and he says yes, it will be $20. So I told him that I have their "Road Hazard Warrantee." He looks it up on his computer and confirmed that I did and told me the fix would be free.

I then wait for 40 minutes for them to look at my tire. The guy finally comes back and tells me that the nail is in the edge of my tire, and they don't fix flats there, so I needed to buy a new tire, but since the rest of the tires are partially warn, I should buy 4 new tires. He said they would give me credit for the unused warrantee miles on my tires so the new set of 4 tires would only cost me $770 dollars.

By that time I was a little upset with them and had decided not to buy new tires from them, so I asked him how much of that price was tax. He replied that the tax in Lakewood was 6 1/2% so the tax was $50. I then told him that I wasn't going to give the liberal idiots in the Colorado government $50 and asked him to please just add air to my low tire.

I then drove down down the road to a Big O tire shop and in 20 minutes and for $15 they had my tire patched.

Last edited by buffybr; 03-23-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.