Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, the governor must be planning on retiring, because there's no way he's getting re-elected.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
A11en,

I will echo what has already been said. Boycotting Colorado will only hurt the good folks and busineeses (in the majority) that are opposed to these bills. Give us the opportunity to run these bills through the court system (we do not accept them). They will not be upheld. As a matter of fact, I believe there will be injunctions shortly.

If you are really concerned, bring as many kids as possibly to Colorado...take them hunting. THEIR TAGS ARE SUPER CHEAP! Recruit the future. Teach these kids gun safety, gun awareness, and the beauty offered by OUR (even your) mountains. Take a look at the representive within the county of your hunt. If they voted "yes" for these rediculous bills, then send a contribution to that candidate opposing them.
I understand many good people in CO don't support the laws. However, simply not supporting them, does prevent them from being passed. Preventing such laws requires action! Until the liberals that propose and pass these laws are negatively impacted they will continue. Magpul has the right mentality and I encourage everyone to support such a great company.

No, I don't need to carry a sidearm with a 15 rd capacity, but that is all I have. I shouldn't have to purchase another sidearm because the government restricts my rights. Without action, the restrictions will increase.

I will continue to take my two boys hunting out West, ill just bring them to more gun friendly states. I am happy to pay a few hundred extra dollars for tags in states that support the second amendment

What action are you taking?
Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

i hunt in my own state. spend the money you pay to other states back to the state you live in. you say you dont have a handgun that holds less then 15 rounds. spend some of the money you put out for all those out of state tags and get yourself a good revolver. just my opinion.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Slim
i hunt in my own state. spend the money you pay to other states back to the state you live in. you say you dont have a handgun that holds less then 15 rounds. spend some of the money you put out for all those out of state tags and get yourself a good revolver. just my opinion.
Another liberal telling me how to spend my money. I love it.

No! I want to hunt out west with the equipment I already have. There are plenty of states that will accommodate me, just not CO
Old 03-23-2013, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by A11en
I understand many good people in CO don't support the laws. However, simply not supporting them, does prevent them from being passed. Preventing such laws requires action! Until the liberals that propose and pass these laws are negatively impacted they will continue. Magpul has the right mentality and I encourage everyone to support such a great company.

No, I don't need to carry a sidearm with a 15 rd capacity, but that is all I have. I shouldn't have to purchase another sidearm because the government restricts my rights. Without action, the restrictions will increase.

I will continue to take my two boys hunting out West, ill just bring them to more gun friendly states. I am happy to pay a few hundred extra dollars for tags in states that support the second amendment

You do realize by boycotting hunting in Colorado you are affecting 100% of outfitters who directly do not support the bill while only affecting 25% of restaurants, hotels, and rental companies?

Yes those numbers have been changed for dramatic effect but the concept remains the same. You will basically bankrupt the outfitters, guides, and whoever else directly related to hunting who did not support to bill to finally be able to affect those other companies.

Its like throwing a grenade into a group of people innocent people to get one really dangerous criminal. Is it worth it? Probably not.

Last edited by Chopayne; 03-23-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Chopayne
You do realize by boycotting hunting in Colorado you are affecting 100% of outfitters who directly do not support the bill while only affecting 25% of restaurants, hotels, and rental companies?

Yes those numbers have been changed for dramatic effect but the concept remains the same. You will basically bankrupt the outfitters, guides, and whoever else directly related to hunting who did not support to bill to finally be able to affect those other companies.

Its like throwing a grenade into a group of people innocent people to get one really dangerous criminal. Is it worth it? Probably not.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

He's also taking money from the DOW who is responsible for Colorado having so many elk.

That's fine. Take your money somewhere else. Just don't bother coming back when things suit you.

btw I never had a need to carry a handgun while hunting. Unless I was handgun hunting.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
He's also taking money from the DOW who is responsible for Colorado having so many elk.

That's fine. Take your money somewhere else. Just don't bother coming back when things suit you.

btw I never had a need to carry a handgun while hunting. Unless I was handgun hunting.
Muley hunter, what did you do to prevent the laws from passing?

Last edited by A11en; 03-23-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by A11en
Since im not in the states im not doing anything. But I would much rather do nothing than hurt 99 innocent people just to get at 1. As you can tell by the future of warfare, key precision strikes are what we need, not massive nuclear bombs.

Last edited by Chopayne; 03-23-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Chopayne
Since im not in the states im not doing anything. But I would much rather do nothing than hurt 99 innocent people just to get at 1. As you can tell by the future of warfare, key precision strikes are what we need, not massive nuclear bombs.
Doing nothing is what allowed the laws to pass. I'd rather do something to prevent the spread of such laws. Otherwise well have as many restrictions as you do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.