Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

This year, I'm off to Montana or Wyoming
Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jorgy
Boycotting hunting in Colorado only hurts the people who want nothing to do with these new laws.
And If you can't figure out how to walk the mountains without a 15 shot clip we are probably better off with you going somewhere else anyway.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
I echo what Jorgy says. Boycotting only hurts the people and businesses that support the 2nd Amendment. The good folks of CO are working on getting these things reversed. I for one will continue to hunt Colorado and support the businesses that support hunting and my firearm rights.

. . . Rob
Old 03-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by A11en
Good for you. More people should follow their gut. The people of Colorado have been betrayed. Every poll taken here shows that the biggest part, of the people of Colorado, did not want the new gun laws. They shoved them down our throats. They don't give a $%&* about what the people want.

Everyday we have this conversation and everyone is MFing Hickenlooper for signing the new law. Lots of folks thinking about leaving this state.

Colorado's government needs an overhaul. I hope these fools are voted out soon.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

A11en,

I will echo what has already been said. Boycotting Colorado will only hurt the good folks and busineeses (in the majority) that are opposed to these bills. Give us the opportunity to run these bills through the court system (we do not accept them). They will not be upheld. As a matter of fact, I believe there will be injunctions shortly.

If you are really concerned, bring as many kids as possibly to Colorado...take them hunting. THEIR TAGS ARE SUPER CHEAP! Recruit the future. Teach these kids gun safety, gun awareness, and the beauty offered by OUR (even your) mountains. Take a look at the representive within the county of your hunt. If they voted "yes" for these rediculous bills, then send a contribution to that candidate opposing them.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Spike

Look, Colorado, as big of a sportsman state as it is, is filled with Birkenstock wearing hippies that want a happy place to live where gays get married and there are no guns. It sucks when the libs out number the conservatives. Our governor is a ball less coward!! But if people want to boycott here let them, maybe the loss of revenue will perk some heads.. Plus it creates more opportunity for us local hunters!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hycntryhntr
Our governor is a ball less coward!!
Yes he is! I understand huckleberry's responce too. I don't want the good people of Colorado to be hurt but those good people voted in this asshat. I'm not sure what the right thing to do is. I'm just glad to see someone trying to do something.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky,

The six county area surrounding Denver voted for the asshats. The rural counties, for the most part voted Republican, and thus against these bills. Have a look (click on the link below and look at the district map. Notice how many districts are just around Denver). I see three Democrat representives from rural mountain Districts. The rest are from Denver and the surrounding area (where deer and elk rarely reside). I'd say it would be pretty hard to hold the rural people (who need our support) accountable for the anti-hunters/anti-gunners associated with the cities. By boycotting, we give the libs exactly what they want. We are kidding ourselves if we think they won't make the money up with gay pride rallies. The answer is to get more kids involved, period The kids are the future. The libs know this, that's why they have tied up the education system! The cost of a non-resident hunting license is $586. With that money, a hunter could take five youths into the woods! It would be money well spent if every one of us did it! Again, the kids are the future, we need them on our side, and this is the best way to do it. Show them the good side of guns and hunting.

Finally, by all means support the candidate running against a "For" voter. I personally believe the Democrats sealed their own fate in 2014 with this legislation. They kicked a sleeping gaint...

http://www.coloradoforfamilyvalues.o...epresentatives

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 03-23-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by A11en

Enjoy the $800 tag in Montana.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The people (not the government) of Montana voted to raise our out of state tags big time. So I'm not going there. In fact you don't even have to apply for Montana any more as there are left over tags after the price increase because people have stopped going there.

I don't blame the guys in Colorado who support hunting any more than my fellow Americans for voting in Obama. S it happens and we have to work and vote and bring lawsuits to change it. If I thought boycotting would matter to the people who voting it in, might consider it, but it won't. In fact, less hunters may make them happy.

And although the legislators will whine and moan about the lost commerce and jobs when companies like Magpul leave colorado, in secret they will be giving high fives.

I really wish I could help, but it will be the people of Colorado who control their own destiny just like it is the people of America who must change things.

Last edited by txhunter58; 03-23-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

I believe we need to support colorados hunting and sporting/firearms community.the antis want us to go away.If we show these alpha omegas that we are still one with our brothers and sisters in colorado and do what ever we can to get these bums out of office,we can scare the crap out of them.When they see a few of thier own start to fall theyll sing a differant tune. deepcreek

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.