Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Boycott Colorado Hunting!!! >

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!

Old 03-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pete,

Like alcohol, and although legal, it is still a controlled substance. The law is very clear.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of course, but you can walk around with 1 oz, and not get busted.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 03-31-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Walking around with is one thing. Being under its influence is another. Again, the law is very clear.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess I don't know the law. Never bothered with it.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Chopayne
You do realize by boycotting hunting in Colorado you are affecting 100% of outfitters who directly do not support the bill while only affecting 25% of restaurants, hotels, and rental companies?

Yes those numbers have been changed for dramatic effect but the concept remains the same. You will basically bankrupt the outfitters, guides, and whoever else directly related to hunting who did not support to bill to finally be able to affect those other companies.

Its like throwing a grenade into a group of people innocent people to get one really dangerous criminal. Is it worth it? Probably not.
You Sir are not seeing the big picture? 2nd ammendment supporters in CO are not able to change the thinking of the government by voicing their concerns, writing to their representatives, challenging the laws, etc. If they could influence the thinking with such tactics, the laws wouldn't have passed in the first place. These tactics do not negatively impact the liberals.

In order to change the laws, there must be a consequence for the decision makers. A consequence that is unmistakably the direct result of their decision to attack the 2nd amendment. A consequence that is administered by legal means and creates an scenario that forces them to embrace what they are attempting to destroy.

If CO liberals recognize their failing economy (boycott) is the result of the new laws, things will change. When I say liberals, I'm not talking about the government officials. I'm talking about those that voted them into office. When all CO residents recognize their economy has a significant dependency on individuals that support the 2nd amendment they will ensure such laws are reversed.

As far as your "grenade into a crowd" comment. I actally see CO as the individual target and the United States as the crowd. If we don't target CO, we will all be subject to such foolishness. I do understand good people are negatively impacted by boycotts. Consider the common approach to preventing a major flu outbreak. We inject ourselves with a small portion of the virus that forces our entire body (white blood cells) to work together to fight it off. Some people become deathly ill, but most return to health and are far more prepared and capable of fighting the virus in the future. The key is, the entire body works together (even our liberal blood cells

So consider the boycott is nothing more than a flu shot. No one wants a shot, yet millions of people line up for them every year because they create a positive outcome.

I know I'm not alone in this thinking. The CO DOW is advertising on the Outdoor channel constantly, encouraging people to plan this years hunting / fishing adventures. No other state is advertising. Let's send a message in 2013 and hopefully get these laws reversed so we can get back to enjoying the abundant wildlife and beautiful scenery in CO.

Last edited by A11en; 03-31-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess you're doing this to New York too?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I guess you're doing this to New York too?
I can't boycott NY or MA because I don't contribute to their economy. They have nothing I want. I would like to hunt Northern California, but wouldn't set foot in the state.

I'm just adding CO to my list of states to avoid as they have recently passed the laws.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm talking about others who think like you too. Are you all going to single out just one state?

I still think you're doing more harm than any good. It won't work.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Again, I don't like what's happening, I've written letters
about it. I agree completely with Muley hunter
boycotting is only going to help the anti hunters in the long
run and hurt those that deserve our support the most.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'm talking about others who think like you too. Are you all going to single out just one state?

I still think you're doing more harm than any good. It won't work.
What you have (or haven't) done didn't work. The reason it is important to target the "one state" , is it is the "one state" that just passed new laws restricting our rights.

Believe me, I see your point of view, and that it will have a negative impact on good people, but it is one of the best ways to influence change. What has been done - hasn't worked.

Time for a flu shot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.