HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Big buck contests? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/379671-big-buck-contests.html)

predatorkill 03-06-2013 09:56 AM

Big buck contests?

Has anyone ever been in a big buck contest?

Bullcamp82834 04-24-2013 05:59 PM

Those so called "contests" are the opposite of what a real hunter seeks. I deplore the practice. It demeans all who call themselves hunters.

If you want a prize join a bowling league.

skinnnner 04-24-2013 10:04 PM

Iv went to a few big buck nights,its always intreasting to see what the locals all harvested and hear the stories.

Topgun 3006 04-25-2013 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834 (Post 4053461)
Those so called "contests" are the opposite of what a real hunter seeks. I deplore the practice. It demeans all who call themselves hunters.

Ditto that pardner. I see you're in the great little town of Buffalo, the gateway to the BigHorns. I'm through there every year to hunt the west slope and absolutely love it there. Big buck nights are cool if no contest was involved and it's like Skinnnner said to just see them and hear the stories behind them is cool. Contests and "the Book" IMHO ruin hunting.

Bullcamp82834 04-25-2013 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 (Post 4053522)
Ditto that pardner. I see you're in the great little town of Buffalo, the gateway to the BigHorns. I'm through there every year to hunt the west slope and absolutely love it there. Big buck nights are cool if no contest was involved and it's like Skinnnner said to just see them and hear the stories behind them is cool. Contests and "the Book" IMHO ruin hunting.

Yep.
As I'm sure you know, Buffalo during hunting season is like a nationwide hunters convention with people from all over the country in town for a few weeks. Plenty of game hanging outside motels and great stories flying around in the bars at night. I've met many great people. That's what it's about. Not some prize for being lucky enough to take a big bull or buck.

Muley Hunter 04-25-2013 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834 (Post 4053461)

Yup!

Taxidermists would all go out of business if they had to depend on me.

Topgun 3006 04-25-2013 08:03 AM

Me too Muley! I've only had one whitetail, one muley, and an antelope mounted in all my years of hunting. Hey Muley, how's the old body coming along?

Muley Hunter 04-25-2013 08:22 AM

I don't even take the antlers from the kill spot.

I'm all healed. Thanks for asking.

iamyourhuckleberry 04-25-2013 06:21 PM

I read once, "If Democrats don't like guns, they try to ban them. If Conservatives don't like the channel, they simply change it for another." It was something like that anyway...

There's a lesson in there, somewhere...

Muley Hunter 04-25-2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry (Post 4053663)
I read once, "If Democrats don't like guns, they try to ban them. If Conservatives don't like the channel, they simply change it for another." It was something like that anyway...

There's a lesson in there, somewhere...

A remote is handy?