Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Big buck contests?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is sharing the stories with pictures or sharing them without still bragging? Maybe we should only tell the stories of the ones that got away...

"I almost shot this________once. I was using a large telescopic sight and it was only 100 yards away when I missed." Can you see the visual (and the hypocrisy)?

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 04-29-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Is sharing the stories with pictures or sharing them without still bragging? Maybe we should only tell the stories of the ones that got away...

"I almost shot this________once. I was using a large telescopic sight and it was only 100 yards away when I missed." Can you see the visual (and the hypocrisy)?
I'll quote myself, because you seemed to have missed it.

"Others are free to do as they please."
Old 04-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I didn't miss anything Pete. I was merely quoting a possible way for us to begin our hunting stories. Seems to me, if you even mention a successful encounter while hunting, you are bragging. Why not leave the story exactly where you shot it, if there is so much reverence? Or, how about we just recount the adventures of the creatures which got away? You know, actually highlighting our lack of skill or aptitude? This would certainly fly in the face of survival of the fittest, but at least you would be more politically correct, right? Those neanderthals who depicted men killing animals, perhaps themselves, on cave walls must have been real animals.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

You sure get upset when someone doesn't agree with your way eh?

Tell all the stories you want with pictures. I don't give a rats rump?

The question was, are you going to enter the Big Buck contest. My answer was no, and I explained why. Ok?

I'm sure you'd rag on me for the way I fly fish too. Bamboo, and dry flies. Horrors!!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who got upset big guy? I was merely pointing out a heap of hypocrisy. Carry on.....
Old 04-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since when did someone doing something that someone else doesn't do mean that they are being hypocritical? IMHO that is a bunch of BS and if Pete does his thing his way then you nor I have any friggin business saying he's right, wrong, or anything in between!!! As he stated very sincerely and I agree 100%, we are all different and calling a person a hypocrit because of that is both disrespectful and incorrect.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm...

Those so called "contests" are the opposite of what a real hunter seeks. I deplore the practice. It demeans all who call themselves hunters.

If you want a prize join a bowling league.
Yup!
if Pete does his thing his way then you nor I have any friggin business saying he's right, wrong, or anything in between!!!
Seriously Top, you don't see the hypocrisy? You are a braggart if you participate in contests or take pictures from a kill site, but you're not if you only share the stories. This is elitist bull pucky! I am curious why you didn't reply, " If anyone does his thing his way then you nor I have any friggin business saying he's right, wrong, or anything in between!!!!" It only makes sense, right? Why defend only Pete? Actually, I so look forward to the day I can call myself a "real hunter" and join the ranks and the likes of Pete and Bullcamp!

If one is so tolerant of others, then why reply to this thread...even in the slightest negative manner as it pertains to the OP's question?

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 04-30-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sharing a story with a new friend in private, is hardly the same thing as entering a contest, or showing pictures of the kill.

This new friend thought just like me, and that was the only reason I opened up to him about some of my hunts. I rarely ever do that. The key word is hunt. We both talked about the joy of the hunt itself. Neither of us ever talked about a kill. No mention of size of animal, or antler size was ever mentioned. It wasn't important to either of us.

Can you see the difference huck? Probably not. If it makes you feel better to call me a hypocrite? Go ahead, but I think i'm pretty consistent in how I feel, and what I say.

It bothers me way less than you being called a braggart.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty comfortable in my skin Pete, you can call me whatever you like. I doubt I'd change any of my past or how I conduct my hunting endeavors. In a way, the two of us are more alike than we are different. I just didn't say "yup".
Old 05-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I said "Yup" to those who just trophy hunt. Probably most meat hunters agrees with me.

Have you ever had a great hunt, and never killed anything? You had such a good time that it didn't matter? Sometimes the game needs to win too. It has to be that way for me. If it was so easy that I got a kill everytime I put my boots on. I would have quit hunting decades ago.

I'm thinking of writing a book in my old age. My way to leave something for those who would be interested. I already have the title.

The Joy Of The Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.