Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wyoming NR tag prices going up? >

Wyoming NR tag prices going up?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Wyoming NR tag prices going up?

Old 01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
car
Typical Buck

Thanks Topgun for the info.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Spike

Default Special tags

Forty percent of the tags go to the special draw. For the elk draw it usually only raises the odds a little, maybe get you a tag about a year earlier. Deer odds are a little better, but pronghorn odds go way up. Many goat hunts that take two or three points in the regular draw can be drawn with no points in the special draw. I guess not many hunters are willing to pay $600-$700.00 for an antelope.

Wyoming also gives seventy-five percent of all tags to top point applicants. After that everyone is lumped together with an equal chance to draw. Great if you have max points, but stinks if you don't, especially if you're only a couple points away - you have the same chance as the guy with zero points.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's the whole problem with a straight PP system if you don't get in on the ground floor when one is started and you are looking at drawing some of the top units. Before long it's a few points for a number of the units and then a huge psread of Pps to the top ones that may take 10 years to life---look at CO, UT, or the sheep and moose PPs in WY as an example! The turnaorund on max PP people is longer than most will live!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

1 thing that's good is the non res vs res multiplier, which is going to be about 10x before I believe it was over 10x, although prices are expected to go up!

non-res grizz is ridiculous! $7300 for just the tag!? in AK spend a bit more and you can get a guide and license!

this stuff is a runaway train if you ask me, not sure anything is going to stop it, 10x is much better than 43x but still 10x is absurd.

if money is the only reason, they might as well make all tags the non res fee, which would generate way more $$ and more tags/less people/less pressure. of course I'm being a bit fictitious but honestly.

Perhaps this will encourage non-res to get outfitters and hunt private land? or just the opposite?

I'm honestly to the point that I will no longer just buy any tag and go hunt/wing it, I'm waiting for great units, so hunting less often, spending less money in these states.

At least some resident tag prices are going from nothing to something...

The trend does seem to be going towards this 10x multiplier idea though, but tag fees for everyone are going up, but not residents who usually have 10% of the tags are generating as much in tag fees as all residents combined or more.

btw the normal tags aren't that crazy expensive, but the special tags have become crazy expensive for all but perhaps an antelope? wait $660 for a non res special antelope? 810 for a special deer? special elk $1330?

Last edited by salukipv1; 01-25-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Bill was just heard in committee this AM and died right there with only one yea vote out of all the members! The G&F is going to be in deep dodo by 2014 with NO increases at all now!

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regio...bbf4d37da.html

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-25-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Wow that surprised me.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

You, me, and a lot of others Zim!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM
car
Typical Buck

Wow I can't believe it either. Not that I was looking forward to the increase for non-res. I was hoping to be moving to Wy this year but, looks like it might be another year for us till me move.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

car---Refresh my memory if you will! Is it you that that told us on UOA that you bought the property in the Sundance area a year or two ago or was it somebody else?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:40 PM
car
Typical Buck

Yes it was me and it has been 3 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.