Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate? >

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 01-09-2013, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sheez Lucky,

I’m shocked you took the time to break from stringing your macaroni necklace to tell me that! You've fallen a few shells behind, lad. You had better get back to it! What tomorrow’s project, finger painting and making smiley faces on light bulbs?

Muley,

When I find something I really love. I just stay with it, and I don't want to do anything else. My dad brought me to Colorado when I was a youngster to hunt for elk. I feel in love with the elk, and the mountains. My only goal from that point on was to move to these mountains. It took a while, but I was patient, because I came every year to hunt elk. Now I live so close to the elk that I don't even have to camp. A 15 min drive puts me right in them at timberline.

So, it was my only dream, and it came true. Your dreams took you all over the world. We're both happy in our own way.

Respect my friend.

Elk and the mountains hold a dear place in my heart as well. It seems no matter where I am in the world, when elk season is on, I’m here. I missed one season two years ago while I was on a DIY water buffalo hunt in Australia. I’ll never do that again! Missing an elk season gave me a big empty feeling until I “fixed” myself a year later. Elk are my “puff, puff” addiction, and as you know, I am no bogart when it comes to sharing them.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
http://www.mad-cow.org/99feb_cwd_special.html

champlain hunter, I am not stirring the pot at all. but when someone brings up something they dont know about then yea, I am saying something. You might know what is being done to try and prevent it, which doesn't work. Its already here. This topic isnt about cwd, its about hunting behind a fence. I have stated where I stand on here time and again and feel I shouldn't be repeating myself. So in the article I included read the origin part, where workers released exposed deer back to the wild. Breeders have done alot in the fight against CWD, but an edjucated person such as yourself probably knew that already.

And yea, dont insult me again. This topic has been kept pretty friendly so far for you to start that. Plus, you wont win.
It wasn't my intent to insult you. You are doing a good enough job at it yourself.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Well at least you tried to be whittey, failed but at least you tried.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
Well at least you tried to be whittey, failed but at least you tried.
What an odd thing to say.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Sheez Lucky,

I’m shocked you took the time to break from stringing your macaroni necklace to tell me that! You've fallen a few shells behind, lad. You had better get back to it! What tomorrow’s project, finger painting and making smiley faces on light bulbs?
At 53 years, being called a lad, is very cool. Thanks!!! Sorry! I've been busy working and hunting. This is a really busy time for both. You're location is very close. If you would like to hunt with us, let me know. If you decide you would like to go, PLEASE, no stupid a$$ story telling! Just kidding, I tell plenty of stupid stories while hunting too.
PM sent.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 01-12-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel a group hug coming up, LOL!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
I feel a group hug coming up, LOL!!!
It was -6 this morning. Putting out the decoys was brutal. I would have went for a group hug then for sure!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt read all the posts...but canned hunts are just that. Go out to the woods where you are lucky to see 5 or 6 deer in a day..much less 1 good buck! I hate watching the shows where they have 10 bucks in front of them...and they keep passing on the buck because of its antlers!...I hunt for meat first trophy second.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

I think its pretty safe to assume fenced hunts of any size will never be acceptable by alot of hunters
Old 01-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yesterday, 01:07 AM #340
skinnnner
Fork Horn
I think its pretty safe to assume fenced hunts of any size will never be acceptable by alot of hunters

***I know one who thinks that way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.