Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate? >

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Spike

This thread is down right comical ...
Old 01-06-2013, 04:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, you are 700. Calling natural terrain as bait is very funny.

A quick question for you. If you didn't use bait in your hunting. Would the deer starve? I know they wouldn't, so why do you feel a need to feed them?

700 is a good number. That's about the number of different foods that deer eat.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Spike

Muley,

Kick back and relax..LOL....I could careless how somebody hunts - period.If a guy has to hunt behind a fence in order to shoot something - thats HIS problem - not mine.

As for feeding - theres a difference between " baiting" and putting out supplemental feed.

I just love to stir the pot on threads like these - bottom line,

They really are comical to me- the feed vs bait , water no water - surpressor no supressor - helicopter hunting...they all get a good laugh out of me ...I know you will never understand Texas hunting and I know you could really careless..its just a forum..
If you get right down to it - I would have to go around and bulldoze all this Cactus - I mean ,Im standing in a big field of BAIT...LOLLL

You see , when you HUNT - as in STALK and walk Canyons after Canyons for miles with Rattlesnakes and Cactus and nothing but Rocks around you - well - thats HUNTING !!

Sitting under a pine tree or perched in one - is not hunting to me ...but its okay - our goal is the same and we support the same sport we both love - so calm down and listen to both side...I seriously doubt that most would endure what we call HUNTING out in west texas...If you think Im kidding - feel free to google a place called "Hells half Acre" - just outside of Sanderson Tex....come HUNT out here - you will appreciate your PINE TREES , grass plains and water ...have a good day Sir - you seem to be headed towards a personal attack with some of your comments and demeanor,and that was not my intentions...Adios.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can never figure out why guys think i'm mad, or upset?

If I think something is comical. I'm probably laughing, and no personal attacks are on my mind.

You're right though. I would hate your hunting. I hate dust, and anything over 55 degrees is a heat wave to me. However, my terrain is not easy hunting, because of the altitude. It can drain you fast. Especially, when you're an old fart like me. Then trying to get the meat out from an 800lb elk just about kills anybody trying it alone.

Then again. Who said hunting was easy? Maybe someone in a tree stand said that.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Spike

Im 52 - 53 right around the corner..

Trying poling a Mule Deer - yes , we have them - up and down a Canyon through all the stuff I described....
Old 01-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ever hunt Colorado for elk? You're not far away.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Spike

No Sir..never have ..I would imagine it would you cost me a arm and leg being out of state..and the only time I climb the terrain like you have ..is on my Polaris 500..lollll...getting old is hell.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, getting old is not much fun. I live at 8000ft, and I still die when I go up to 12,000 ft.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 700
This thread is down right comical ...
Anyone that read this thread should have to pitch in some dough for Hucleberries next high fence hunt. He provided comical entertainment that was worth paying for. I'm sure he will provide some more.

PUFF PUFF GIVE!! Pass that sucker Mr Huckleberry. You don't want to be called Mr. Bogart!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on Lucky, comical entertainment worth paying for? Your talk is both cheap and naive. Take the bet! It's just a simple $180 airline ticket which will come with a foot stuck in your mouth-on less than 1200 fenced acres. Wait! Since I am a bogart (would hate to share this opportunity), here's a deal just for you; it gets even better! You kill the axis deer or only pay half of my airline ticket ($90). All other terms remain the same.

Put up or shut up.

How's that for more?

No WNY, still no challengers. I was thinking of doing another wager while on my way to work this morning. This bet is for a gun hunter (or flintlock user) and five days worth of hunting on 50,000 acres of fenced land-in South Africa. Kill a baboon via spot and stalk or pay my way to the dark continent. Whatcha think? The muzzlestuffer can have seven days....I will pay all fees associated with procuring the baboon. Where can the baboon go?

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 01-07-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.