Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate? >

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 01-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

Huck i was just wondering something,when you do a high fence hunt does any of that money go towards wildlife as a whole or just to the owner?i know when i buy a tag a percentage of it goes towards groups such as habitat for tommorow.Or is it diffrent in the states?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Lucky,
Do you know what a bottom line question is? If I were to ask you, "If given a choice between using your right hand or your left, which would you use?
When a buffoon ask a stupid question, I fell no need to answer. The only need I feel, is to point out that it's buffoonery in the first place.

Different people feel diferrent about any situation. Your way of hunting does not set well with most other hunters in the good old USA. Once again I'll say, If it's legal, be my guest. Just don't expect respect from MOST other hunters. We are not impressed.

You can tell all the stories that you want. You can try to put your spin on it. You can make all the comparisons you want. To me and MOST other hunters, we don't prefer to hunt the way that you do and we are not impressed with your so called trophies.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Spike

High fence = Zoo Hunter

We use feeders in Texas ....I love when I hear somebody calling it "baiting"....if a Feeder is "baiting".....what's a corn field in Nebraska called.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

700,iv alwayS laughed about the same thing.ppl complaining about baiting but then the hang there stand or put their blind over looking a corn or wheat feild.the deer are there for the same reason,to eat.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
well a deer has a choice of when, and where to enter a cornfield, if your 50 yards from a feeder if the deer comes to feed then he's in range, however if he comes to a 50 acre cornfield he has the optin or perhaps luck of entering out of range, just like hunting a whiteoak bench in the mountains. which isn't alot differnt than using scents? correct? your trying to fool a deer into beleiving theres a hot doe nearby, is that not baiting?
RR
You have a point rr,here where i hunt
Its pointless to bait deer because of the already abundent food they have to choose from.as for the scent being considered baiting your right but alot of ppl dont see that connection so you dont see as many ppl complaining about that as baiting.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've looked. I can't find a corn field at 11,000 ft in the Colorado Rockies.

So, I feel safe in saying baiting is lame. It's also not legal here.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I've looked. I can't find a corn field at 11,000 ft in the Colorado Rockies.

So, I feel safe in saying baiting is lame. It's also not legal here.
I wish Vt was like Colorado in a lot of ways.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was born and brought up in Mass. I did lots of hunting there.

I used the same method of hunting there that I do here. Still hunt the timber, or woods as they're called back there. I'm sure it's more crowded back there now, but it's not a whole lot better here, except we have more land, and most hunters are lazy and stay by the roads.

I could have picked any state to move to. Colorado seemed like the best deal for my style of hunting. I've never regretted it. I love this state.

My point being. I know what it's like where you're hunting. It can be tough.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for your input Lucky, but honesty, why would you think I am looking for your respect? I am very secure with what I do and how I do it. So secure in fact that I do not belittle those that do it in one of the multitude of means legally available. I cannot say that about you.

Skinnnner,

Do me a favor and Google Scimitar horned Oryx. Do what research you can on them and then get back to me on whether or not wildlife in general benefits. Then expand your research to include American bison, turkeys, lions, rhinos, and addax.

RR,

Have you hunted in South Texas? Feeders are everywhere. Thus, a deer has many choices. A hunter cannot shoot that deer if it cannot be seen. The same applies for the deer in the cornfield. Right time, wrong place and the deer dies-either way.

Muley.

With all of my exposure, Colorado will always be home. It all flows downhill from here.

There are woods out there, thought, which are totally impassable for men. Stiil hunting is not an option (this is my favorite method as well). Luring animals from the jungle via "bait" is the only viable means to control wildlife. It's not lame. It is just different than what you are use to. Live in one of these places and you'll see what I mean.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Spike

Muley ..you have trees where you hunt..?? What kind of trees..??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.