Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate? >

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Sounds to me he's trying to win a bet by forcing you to hunt his way.

I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I've never hunted with a bow. Why would I take a bet like that?

I'll give him a bet too. Come here in my area, and hunt elk with a flintlock on public land he's never seen before. How is that not forcing him to hunt my way?
Now you are talking.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
muley, 1) you don't hafta take the bet, so he's not forcing anyone to do nothin
2) its his money if he buys the hunt, he should be able to attach stipulations. pay for your own hunt and do it your way, its that simple.
3) and with your bet it has no merit, you have no dog in the fight so why would you feel entitled to tell anyone how to hunt on public land?

To summarise, you want him to pay for a hunt and let you set all the groundrules on his dime, then you want him to come there and still hunt on his dime on public land but do things your way. seems one-sided to me.
RR
He's not paying for the hunt. It's a bet. It would cost me money to lose.

The argument he has is it's just as hard to hunt his high fence area as my public land. Why does he have to make it harder by forcing me to hunt with a weapon i've never used before?

Not sure why you don't see it that way?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Dominant Buck

One big difference between a large tract high fence and an equally large public land hunt....at least with the fence you know they are there...somewhere. No guarantees with that statement on pub lands at least with elk. Here today and gone tomorrow. Sooner or later they do return or you find them again in a neighboring area.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly my point from the beginning of this thread. Elk can move 10 miles easily.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Oh look theres an ignore button!now i dont have to listen to some ppl that are over bareing and Overly opinionated.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Yup thats my point also champlain islander.you know for a fact whats inside the fence.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

"iv quickly realised your statis wasnt given to you because of your knowledge but youve earned it because your an overly opinionated self proclaimed profesional,Seriously almost 900 posts in a year?i sudgest you get a life."

Hey skinnnner! That was quite a rip when I don't believe you can find anywhere on here where I've proclaimed myself as a professional of any sort, but I sure procalim myself as a person that's very passionate about hunting and shooting! I've hunted for 60 years and though that doesn't make me a professional, I think it does help me know just a little bit more than a newbie might, LOL! Lastly, you had better go back to school and learn some math Bro, because that post count you mentioned is since I joined the site TWO years and thus they were not made in ONE year! As far as my life goes, I'm doing quite well, thank you! I just spent 8 weeks huntng out in Wyoming and a week in North Dakota, along with two weeks for whitetails up at my northern Michigan property. Last year I was out there for 11 weeks and I guarantee you there are no high fences of any kind anywhere either. Even without them we took three nice buck antelope (mine was 80"), a nice 5x6 bull elk, and two mulies, along with a bunch of pheasants over my pointer!!! So much for getting a life!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Exactly my point from the beginning of this thread. Elk can move 10 miles easily.
I had 2 trips to Colorado last year. The first was a bow hunt in a wilderness area in 861 last week of archery. The ML guys hunted hard the week before and the elk were gone. Lots of sign all over the area where we were but I hunted dark to dark 6 days and only saw 3 cows. Our elevation ran from 9k to 12k and they were gone. Went back to that general area during second rifle and the elk were all over the place.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
he's not forcing you, its your choice to accept or not, he said it would be a 10-1 payoff if you won, anytime you accept a service or a wager with someone else fronting the cash, its they're game, they're rules. just say no!!!
RR
Since when is 10-1 odds not a bet you can lose money on? Especially, when the odds of winning are poor.

Anyway you want to twist it around. He's still asking someone to hunt his way. Of course i'm saying no, but that doesn't change what he's asking.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I had 2 trips to Colorado last year. The first was a bow hunt in a wilderness area in 861 last week of archery. The ML guys hunted hard the week before and the elk were gone. Lots of sign all over the area where we were but I hunted dark to dark 6 days and only saw 3 cows. Our elevation ran from 9k to 12k and they were gone. Went back to that general area during second rifle and the elk were all over the place.
Don't just blame the muzzleloaders. There were a lot more bow hunters there the week muzzleloaders were hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.