Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate? >

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 12-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Just a question sodont get all excieted,why do you ppl chose to hunt high fenced hunts?

I have never done it and never plan to but I think I can answer that...because they can. There will always be people who see an opportunity like that as a way to get it done without doing the work. I choose to butcher my own deer and elk but there are others that either don't have the skill or don't have the time and hire a processor. Some people need to hire a guide to hunt in an area they are unfamiliar with while others DIY. If you have the money to spend there are always people willing to provide a service to you. I am against hunting preserves due to the link between them and the spread of CWD. Many states have outlawed their operation either to help prevent the spread of CWD or a bolder stance that it is not in keeping with the traditions of hunting in that state. If it legal to have canned hunting and someone wants to do it that is their choice. I don’t have to agree or disagree since it doesn’t affect me or the way I choose to hunt.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

You ppl is refureing to anyone that does these hunts,how confuseing can that be?like iv stated several times if it intreasts you then go right ahead,its just not for me.as for your last question noones putting a gun to my head forceing me to hunt in such a place nor do i have any intreast in hunting in such a place,im content with what i already have
Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Thank you for your response champlain islander its nice to hear from someone other then topgun,apparently he gets confused easily.did you understand that topgun?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Before you go into your next long speach topgun i want you to keep something in mind,i really dont care what you have to say and i probably wont read it anyways.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why you being such a smartazz today Mr. skinnnner? And why are you continuing on this thread if you don't care what I or others are posting? You have had us confused with responses for the last three pages when you don't refer to anyone in particular even though you appear to be talking to one particular person. I still wonder if you know where I do and don't hunt, LOL! Also, that last response when I asked about an island was a copout on your part IMHO. Why wouldn't you hunt it if it's big and there are no fences involved and that is just a legitimate question on my part? We know you're content with what you have, whatever that means and I guess it's the Province you live in. Be nice now in your response, as we're all trying to keep this an honest, peaceful thread and it's Sunday!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-30-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Read above topgun
Old 12-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
If he's payin, he should be able to set the groundrules, when you borrow money do you set the interest rates from the bank at 0%? or do you pay the interest the bank sets?, to me its the same.
RR
Sounds to me he's trying to win a bet by forcing you to hunt his way.

I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. I've never hunted with a bow. Why would I take a bet like that?

I'll give him a bet too. Come here in my area, and hunt elk with a flintlock on public land he's never seen before. How is that not forcing him to hunt my way?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another copout Mr. Skinnnner!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

No personal insults, or this thread will be locked. I know it's close now.

Although, it might as well be. It's going nowhere.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Its not a cop out topgun,iv heard your opinion several times,theres no need for you to go on.i find nothing youve said to be of any intreast to me and at this point you can bet im not adressing you in anyway so you shouldnt get confused anymore.i would like to hear what other ppl have to say not just yourself.iv quickly realised your statis wasnt given to you because of your knowledge but youve earned it because your an overly opinionated self proclaimed profesional,Seriously almost 900 posts in a year?i sudgest you get a life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.