Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Kodiak Brown Bear Hunt

Old 12-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Spike

Default Kodiak Brown Bear Hunt

Here is a link to my brothers Kodiak Brown Bear hunt. We also harvested a blacktail deer, sea ducks a pair of foxes and caught some massive King Crabs. There is lots of footage of the 41 bears we spotted.

Enjoy!

-JR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fzyu9O64Lk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fzyu9O64Lk
Attached Thumbnails Kodiak Brown Bear Hunt-100_0772.jpg  
Old 12-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great video and a great bear! Congrats to him. I would have enjoyed it more had there been dialogue instead of the music.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice, what month did you guys hunt?

I really want to hunt some sitka blacktail up there sooner than later, I think they say in NOV is the time to hunt the bucks.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Spike

We hunted November 15 to the 26th. I keep debating on doing a dialog video. I feel like it is too self indulgent but I might try one next year.
-JR
Old 12-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you see many deer/bucks? any big boys? how is the deer population if you know?

wouldn't mind doing a brown bear hunt either

I haven't managed to get the video bug yet, I have a camera etc... but find myself never using it. may have to force myself on the next hunt and see how things turn out...
Old 12-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

man thats a big fuggin bear....the paws/claws on that suker are unimaginably huge.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by salukipv1
Did you see many deer/bucks? any big boys? how is the deer population if you know?

wouldn't mind doing a brown bear hunt either

I haven't managed to get the video bug yet, I have a camera etc... but find myself never using it. may have to force myself on the next hunt and see how things turn out...
We saw six or so eight pointers. Nothing massive. The deer had a large winter kill, estimates are around 40% died. I would wait two or three years and the numbers will again be strong.

-JR