Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Anyone use BEAR Calls?

Old 11-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Spike

Default Anyone use BEAR Calls?

I live in Pa. and we have a week of archery for bear then the rifle season for bear. Has anyone ever used Bear calls? Im thinking of getting one, just not sure which is a good one. My luck everything is always out of range. I didn't know if the calls worked well.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have never used a call for them but then again I do not hunt for bears. But, I did watch a video on youtube where a lady called one out usinga predator call. She was hiding on the ground and when she last called it to get it to come in closer she was lucky it never charged her. She did get the bear with a single shot of the bow though.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Spike

I bear hunt and have a bear call. There was a young 2-3yr old walk to my site and since I was passing him up, I tried the call. The bear kinda looked around, his hair went up and he ate a mouth full and scramed. Must have made it to intimidating?!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Many times calling coyotes a bear came in for me.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Spike

My buddy had one come in when he used his fawn bleet. He said it just came in hot. I might be trying it this year with all types of calls.