Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Whats Your Dream Tag?

Old 12-08-2012, 03:06 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lil elky
Maine moose or Iowa whitetail
lil elky, Then you probably would have liked my hunting trips this year. I live in Chicago burbs. Drew nonresident tags for moose in New Hampshire (C2) and deer in Iowa (5). Didn't drop a toad in Iowa, but did in NH. See photos.

For me? My dream tag would be for bighorn sheep anywhere I apply..........Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, or Oregon. Any one would do. I'm not picky!
Attached Thumbnails Whats Your Dream Tag?-dscn1621.jpg   Whats Your Dream Tag?-dscn0050.jpg  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deer in Michigan. Not that it's all that exotic, and I've certainly got better hunting here in Kansas.

Here's why: My brothers live in Michigan and can do the traditional upper penninsula deer camp thing. However, I received the call to ministry years ago, and am now a priest and member of a religious order. I have to llive under simplicity, poverty, etc. I can't much afford an out of state tag on the limited spending allowance we receive. Also, my duties are pursuing graduate study and teaching. I can't get away very easily in deer season, certainly not for a full week.

One deer camp with my brothers would be great.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Mountain Goat Alaska! Though all of you have great choices too
Old 12-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, with all the choices, this is tough. I guess my first choice would be a desert bighorn in Colorado. If I were lucky enough to draw (been applying for this tag since 1990), the entire hunt would cost me less than $500 plus the $66 in app fees I've given to our DOW over the last 22 years. A polar or brown bear would be my second and third choice, in no particular order.

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 12-20-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Spike

Governors tag elk Utah. Some of the most beautiful country out west and some of the biggest elk.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

A monster whitetail tag in Texas or a wild boar or a pronghorn hunt somewhere. I don't care where.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Zim
lil elky, Then you probably would have liked my hunting trips this year. I live in Chicago burbs. Drew nonresident tags for moose in New Hampshire (C2) and deer in Iowa (5). Didn't drop a toad in Iowa, but did in NH. See photos.

For me? My dream tag would be for bighorn sheep anywhere I apply..........Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, or Oregon. Any one would do. I'm not picky!
Did you have a guide in NH on that moose hunt?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jmac603
Did you have a guide in NH on that moose hunt?
No, but I was able to take some work with me out there and do data entry for a week before the hunt. That allowed me to learn and scout every day. Still, moose numbers were not high. I saw less than one per day. The moose I shot was the only mature bull seen during 2 weeks there. I actually ended up putting a couple guides on some small bulls I passed on. They weren't seeing anything. One had a kid with a tag.

Wish I would have been just a little more patient in Iowa. But hey it was November 12th and the peak rut would have dropped off soon after. Still got a 137" P&Y.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Whitetails in Pike County, Illinois
Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not listed, but cape buffalo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.