Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Help - 6 day guided bear hunt = skunk >

Help - 6 day guided bear hunt = skunk

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Help - 6 day guided bear hunt = skunk

Old 08-05-2012, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

I sounds like your hunt was a success, without harvesting a bear anyhow!! Nice to see stories like these.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, we have deer season around the corner and I'll also take him out with me one day for the PA bear season.

I will be booking another bear hunt. We have unfinished business.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

thats what I'm talking about always positive..mine would have said dad this is boring!! I guess girls are a little harder to get hooked..
Old 08-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cantrap - we'll be shopping for another bear hunt next year and I was checking out your site.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

If you have any question barnes feel free to call or email. Send me a line and I could send you back some pics from this season.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Spike

Default Another skunked bear hunt - help here too.

BarnesX,
sorry to hear about your hunt but I can relate. I just got home today from a 6 day hunt in Ontario in which we saw absolutely nothing. I thought I asked all of the right questions of this outfitter but apparently what I thought was the obvious (actual stands over the bait sites) and the actual use of trail cams when they say they're using them AND a call indicating they had 2 REALLY nice bears coming in meant that they saw them on one of the cameras and not just from a paw print. After I asked to use trail cameras (one that I brought up myself) we finally got to see the bear but it was at night. All the hits on the baits came at night. I got the exact same response regarding the use of trail cameras (they get destroyed). None of ours got wrecked while we had them up. Anyway, this was my first bear hunt and it didn't turn out like I expected. Based on the extent of scent control we used I don't think that was an issue.
If anyone out there can recommend an outfitter in Canada or maybe the states, please let me know. I want to go again after this experience but will be extremely thorough in my search. I'd prefer an Ontario hunt or hunt in which i can drive to from Wisconsin. That's why I chose Ontario this year.
Thanks for any help.
Dan
Old 09-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Spike

The guy you need to go with is Cantrap! Took my wife and little girl last year and both of us were done in the first two days. I was done hunting the first evening with a big bear that Mike had e-mailed me pics of prior to the hunt. Mike will go above and beyond to get you a bear, as a fishing guide myself here in NY I know what it takes to keep clients happy and the Cantrap crew does the same. I am going back for the 2013 season, I should of went back this year I got the itch they are a blast to hunt. Sean

Last edited by Reelhookedup; 09-15-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cantrap is on my list of places I'm looking at. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Reelhookedup
The guy you need to go with is Cantrap! Took my wife and little girl last year and both of us were done in the first two days. I was done hunting the first evening with a big bear that Mike had e-mailed me pics of prior to the hunt. Mike will go above and beyond to get you a bear, as a fishing guide myself here in NY I know what it takes to keep clients happy and the Cantrap crew does the same. I am going back for the 2013 season, I should of went back this year I got the itch they are a blast to hunt. Sean
Wow nice bear
Old 09-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Spike

I am on my way home from Canada to Australia, I just participated in my first guided hunt, a bear hunt over baits. I've got to say it is an awesome way to hunt, very exciting.

There were 5 hunters in our group, but only 3 were successful:

Day 1 two bear sighted, 1 shot at but missed, the other passed up
Day 2 3 bears sighted, 2 taken (mine included), 1 missed
Day 3 no sightings
Day 4 no sightings
Day 5 no sightings
Day 6 1 bear sighted and taken

I was lucky enough to travel halfway around the world, and tag a nice boar over 500lbs on my first ever hunt

When I land home I'll post some pics