Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 (picts) I finally got the wife to go hunting with me >

(picts) I finally got the wife to go hunting with me

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

(picts) I finally got the wife to go hunting with me

Old 09-04-2003, 11:04 AM
jjt

Default (picts) I finally got the wife to go hunting with me

well after 3 years of taking her out with me antelope hunting. She finally decided she would try it last spring. So we put in for the necessary permits, I gave her one of my old rifles that we then took to the gunsmith, and had fit to her, took her out shootin all summer every chance we got, and finally she was ready.
So we went out yesterday and right of the bat we glassed some speed goats about 600 yards out. About a half hour later we had stocked within 80 yards of them. To no availe we (wife,brother,myself) were all waiting for the other to shoot and well nobody shot as they walked over the hill. So we stocked up to the top that hill where i filled one of my doe tags.
Later on after lunch we (wife, myself) went back out and after some glassing we were on the stock again. This time I left my rifle at the truck if there was going to be any shootin it was going to be her and she wouldn' t feel pressured if i wasn' t going to shoot.
well about 100 yards from them we ran out of sagebrush to crawl thru so we sat up in a nice sitting position. She got ready and picked out a nice little doe slowly grazing away from us and waited for a shot. When the doe turned to the left, it gave her a prefect quartering away shot wich we had practiced for several times this summer. I watched it all take place thru my field glasses and it was marvelous
the bullet struck the target and the animal hit the ground
I was so proud/impressed I think I was happier than she was but oh well we both had a great time.
I dont know that she will ever feel my undieing love for hunting but she does have alot more respect for the sport and she is going out with me next week.

Old 09-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: (picts) I finally got the wife to go hunting with me

Congrats to you & your wife.
I am glad you got her out there. My wife & I love to hunt antelope together. We have a better time antelope hunting because the weather is warmer.
Take her on a few more hunts & she will be hooked. Just break her in slow & make sure she stays dry & warm.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Matriarch Doe!

Congratulations to both of you! Being able to share a love of hunting is a great thing to have in a marriage! Now, just don' t be complaining if she starts hunting circles around you!
Old 09-04-2003, 06:12 PM

Awesome post! Now, I am off to find me a girl that hunts..........
Old 09-04-2003, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations to your wife!!
Old 09-05-2003, 04:25 PM

Be careful partner, fore you know it that old hand-me-down rifle won' t cut no more. then it' s new camo, rangefinder, better scope............

Just Kiddin' Congrats on the successful hunts.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:38 PM

One of my 1st " dates" with my now husband was going to Eastern Oregon to go deer hunting. We camped out of the back of his truck. It was supposed to be nice and warm but turned out to be rainy & cold. We had to throw a tarp over us in the bed of the truck, didn' t even bring a tent. I guess I passed the " test" . We didn' t see deer but he asked me out for another date.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:47 PM
jjt

welcome to the board Char

thats hunting sometimes cold wet no animals. lol been there a few times myself
congrats sounds like it worked out for the best if your married

Old 09-28-2003, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Excellent!!!! Way to go to both of you..[8D]
Old 09-28-2003, 09:41 PM

congrats to the both of you!

Quick Reply: (picts) I finally got the wife to go hunting with me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.