Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Petition on Accountability of Proceeds from Sale a Public Resourse >

Petition on Accountability of Proceeds from Sale a Public Resourse

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Petition on Accountability of Proceeds from Sale a Public Resourse

Old 06-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default Petition on Accountability of Proceeds from Sale a Public Resourse

Attention both Utah residents and nonresidents:
If you are against giving away your public land big game tags to a private organization (SFW) who peddles them off but refuses to disclose how 2.5 million $ of the proceeds are spent……………………please sign the petition at the link below ASAP. Utah’s back door politics buddy buddy system has gone out of control. This is about lack of accountability involving the sale of a public resource. No brainer.

A grossly disproportionate % of these 200 trophy tags were stolen from the nonresident quota to begin with! I don’t know how anyone could not sign this petition except SFW employees!

http://www.change.org/petitions/utah...da-action-item
Old 06-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Spike

Signed.

This is important guys. SFW has gotten Utah to give them these convention tags with little accountability as how much of this money is spent on conservation.

Many of the same people have tried to do the same thing in Arizona and other states. We need to make our state legislators take notice and make sure all organization that receive tags from the state are accountable.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Spike

Signed, thanks Zim. This would definitely be a step in the right direction!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Signed it the day it came out. It's just as important for nonresidents of Utah to sign it because the SFW is using money from the Utah group to try and spread throughout the western states and get these types of things going in them too.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

ttt - Stalling out just short of 900.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Come on and sign the petition guys. We are trying for 1000 signatures by tomorrow!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Typical Buck

Signed. I hate to see loss of public land and tags.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Signed.. Thanks Zim..
Old 07-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Well.............. I don't know what U R talking about nor I know what SFW is.....BUT I can tell U that if they are a nonprofit their books are open to be looked at!!!! I just went to they web site and found info on where they spend the money...BUT U have the right to looka at any nonprofits books.....................it's the law ...don't need no stinking petition!!!!!! heck call them up they gotta tell ya waht ya want to know!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Spike

Non-profits are required to file a 990 tax form with the IRS, which are public. Some are more detailed than others. This is not the same as opening their books to the public. Most non-profits do this voluntarily, but are not required by law to do so. SFW will not open their books and have said they will not. SFW receives tags for a small amount and sells them to the highest bidder without any control as to how, where and how much of money is spent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.