Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Anyone draw any Colorado hunting tags yet? >

Anyone draw any Colorado hunting tags yet?

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Anyone draw any Colorado hunting tags yet?

Old 05-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Spike

Thanks! It looks like I drew my second choice elk which is for a muzzleloader cow in unit 6. So now I will be hunting both a bull moose and a cow elk at the same time. This could make for an interesting dilemma if I have a cow elk walk in front of me while hunting for my moose. I also drew a second choice 3rd season rifle buck deer in 9/19/191, and I should draw 2 doe antelope tags for WY. Might be time to get another freezer.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Orion/CO
Thanks! It looks like I drew my second choice elk which is for a muzzleloader cow in unit 6. So now I will be hunting both a bull moose and a cow elk at the same time. This could make for an interesting dilemma if I have a cow elk walk in front of me while hunting for my moose. I also drew a second choice 3rd season rifle buck deer in 9/19/191, and I should draw 2 doe antelope tags for WY. Might be time to get another freezer.
There's no way to know if you got a 2nd choice elk tag right now. All you can find out is what happen to your 1st choice.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Spike

It's an undersubscribed tag, so yes, I know I got it
Old 05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been hunting Colorado since the 50's. You got me with that one.

What is it?
Old 05-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Spike

No tag
o well im going to try the one of the OTC tags
Old 05-20-2012, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

The good news is that they issued the same number of cow tags for that hunt as they did last year. The bad news is you would have only had a 67.5% chance of pulling that tag as a second choice last year. So, it is not a lock.

Of course: "past performance is not a guarantee of future performance" as there could have been fewer or more apps for that tag this year. Hope you drew

Last edited by txhunter58; 05-20-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah the second choice is a iffy draw. Your preference points don't matter in second choice after drawing for first choice you go to the back of the pack and they draw again if there is any left overs after the first choice tags get drawn. But good luck.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Spike

This is my first year applying for CO. I know my dad's CID# and looked up his results. It shows he was unsuccessful on deer but it doesn't show the elk results that I can find.

I can't find my own CID, so I did the name, dob, and zip and couldn't find any results for elk.

Any ideas from someone who knows their way around?

Matthew
Old 05-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

This year was the 1st year that I put a point as my 1st choice. Then I listed a 2nd and 3rd choice. I'm wondering now, do you have a chance for a 2nd choice if you put a point as the 1st choice? The current state of the postings on the DOW website is what has me wondering because it shows that I got my point and nothing else for Elk 2012.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
This year was the 1st year that I put a point as my 1st choice. Then I listed a 2nd and 3rd choice. I'm wondering now, do you have a chance for a 2nd choice if you put a point as the 1st choice? The current state of the postings on the DOW website is what has me wondering because it shows that I got my point and nothing else for Elk 2012.
Yes.......
I got my doe tag. Should be a short hunt 1 or 2 days to fill it.

Last edited by losthwy; 05-20-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.