Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
kemp breeze swa, colorado unit 28 >

kemp breeze swa, colorado unit 28

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

kemp breeze swa, colorado unit 28

Old 04-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Spike

Default kemp breeze swa, colorado unit 28

hello all,
New to the forum, Myself and my wife are hoping to get an OTC this year for the 3rd season elk/ deer hunt for GMU 28, gonna try Kemp Breeze swa. Was wondering if anyone has ever hunted this area, yet. This will be my wife's first time hunt ever. I have hunted in Florida and Georgia, before. I want to make it an experience for her, that she will want to continue hunting.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Spike

I do not have personal experience with this SWA. Call the local biologist and ask about elk habits once they get snow/pressure. I would focus on transition areas and look for areas to glass. Pray for snow and let your binos cover the country and find the elk for you.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Spike

I emailed dow and they said no hunting in that area, but a few miles away is the jenny williams unit, said it was a good area.