HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Bear contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/361421-bear-contest.html)

sandilands 03-30-2012 08:07 PM

Bear contest

There is no bear contest. Does anyone want to have one besides me?

Muley Hunter 03-31-2012 06:46 AM

Sure, as long as tree stands and bait can't be used.

Bocajnala 03-31-2012 11:51 AM

^^ Lol, my guess is sandi won't want a competition then! I'd join if they had one. But I hunt in a no bait state as well!
-Jake

sandilands 03-31-2012 02:54 PM

We have deer contests and as long as all laws are followed it is allowed to be entered. Even states and provinces with baiting are allowed to enter. Some people might enter from a state that has no bear hunting at all and then go on an outfitted or out of state trip.

Bocajnala 03-31-2012 03:17 PM

I'm perfectly ok with baiting, and anything else legal, sandilands! If I get a bear it's right spot right time kinda thing, I just enjoy being in the woods.
-Jake

Muley Hunter 03-31-2012 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 3925893)
I'm perfectly ok with baiting, and anything else legal, sandilands! If I get a bear it's right spot right time kinda thing, I just enjoy being in the woods.
-Jake

Me too, but if it's going to be a contest. The rules have to be the same for everybody.

Bocajnala 03-31-2012 03:56 PM

No they don't, not really. Like mentioned, the deer contest varies. States that allow multiple bucks, our contest allows multiple bucks to be posted and take the highest score, baiting, rifles, shotguns, etc. I'd be in it just to enjoy seeing people post bear. Not to be competitive. It'd be fun either way. Not sure how big of a group we'd be able to get though. This forum is big on the deer and turkey. Not so much other game. We may be able to get a good group though if someone wanted to put it together. Restricting the rules would mean less people signing up. I'd rather have more people and no chance of winning than only a few people. JMO
-Jake

sandilands 03-31-2012 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 3925897)
No they don't, not really. Like mentioned, the deer contest varies. States that allow multiple bucks, our contest allows multiple bucks to be posted and take the highest score, baiting, rifles, shotguns, etc. I'd be in it just to enjoy seeing people post bear. Not to be competitive. It'd be fun either way. Not sure how big of a group we'd be able to get though. This forum is big on the deer and turkey. Not so much other game. We may be able to get a good group though if someone wanted to put it together. Restricting the rules would mean less people signing up. I'd rather have more people and no chance of winning than only a few people. JMO
-Jake

I'm with Jake. It would be for fun, no prizes. Just might get more folks to post up pics if they have or even for someone to get the kick to start bear hunting.

If others would like we could do a 2 person team. One that can hunt baits and one that can not. Or perhaps a single person with a 1" deduction for bait.

Trust me guys. I am with you on this. I hunt a no bait province for deer and go into hunting contests. Sometimes I feel it is unfair. Tell me how we can make this work..... not how we can make it not work